Float Control

yankeepac

Equipment
L3200
Apr 4, 2013
salisbury nc usa
I was digging a pit this weekend on the property to provide a space to "landfill" the products of an old burn pile site. at the end of the project I was trying to put the bucket into the float position, ie "locking it" but couldn't get the lock to engadge. Is there a trick /technique to do this? Feeling a bit stumped:confused:

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
It could be a matter of simply lubricating the linkages that connect the joystick to the valve. Sometimes the detent balls in the cap (what holds the valve spool in float) get rusty and corroded, then it needs disassembly to clean.

Do you store your machine outside?
I assume the float funtion used to work correct?

vickark

Equipment
L3200, fel,backhoe,sgr 1060 grapple, boxblade, lp bush hog,post hole auger
Jun 16, 2013
Texas
I was digging a pit this weekend on the property to provide a space to "landfill" the products of an old burn pile site. at the end of the project I was trying to put the bucket into the float position, ie "locking it" but couldn't get the lock to engadge. Is there a trick /technique to do this? Feeling a bit stumped:confused:
On my L3200 I give the joystick controls a squirt of Tri-flo or silicone spray. This seems to help a lot.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Have you had the bucket in 'float' in the past ? I've only used float a couple times with mine, I know I have to 'snap' it down hard and quick.