Flat face coupler leak

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Bought a 2380 last year, but haven't used the FEL much at all until the past week or so. I noticed a hydraulic leak on the flat faced coupler. Not a bad leak and doesn't seem to be leaking at any of the fittings at all. I think it's leaking when the loader arms move when trying to scoop/move a load of dirt or when digging. I've checked the male coupler parts on the tractor and the female coupler parts on the loader. Doesn't seem to be any scoring/scratches. I keep the coupler clean and the nipples covered when the loader isn't attached while mowing, etc. and also clean them before attaching the FEL. Anyone else seen this problem? FWIW, this coupler has never been as easy to attach/remove as seen in the various videos out there. Thanks for any help.

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
Just a guess here, and I am assuming you have the ganged couplers that connect all at once rather than having to connect the individual hoses. If this is the case, the leak probably results from side stresses on one or more of the couplers when the loader slightly shifts position. This does not happen when the couplers are not ganged. On older models with individual hoses coupled to the FEL spool valve, each hose could shift to relieve any stress from the loader moving in its mounting brackets.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Seen a couple now that are doing it, the loader hoses pull the plate and causes a leak.
Check hoses for binding when in operation.

imnukensc

Equipment
BX2380
Sep 10, 2015
Midlands of SC
Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on things. As much as I like many things better on my 2380, I actually preferred the FEL on the 2370 I traded in on it.

Last edited: