FIRST POST! 60 year member! Need Grapple advice new L2501 owner

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I have an HLA and its A beast, IMO overkill for my machine. Would have gone with a landpride one but dealer couldnt get one, just for the weight savings. I think the 54” is around 440lbs. I have the 48“ on my BX it’s around 380. Don’t quote me on the numbers I should be close though.

Reactions: 1 user

OrYgun

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2021 Kubota L2501
May 7, 2021
Oregon
I called EA today... he said would be 12-14 weeks for a new order. + shipping across the country. I think I'm going to order the Precision Mini 322.... I have attached the link below. Going to call them tomorrow and find out a little more about their grapple and wait time. Sounded like they use AR 400, but little thinner steel at 0.25". EA uses AR450... wondering if that makes much a difference? Precision makes both single and dual hydraulics. weighing 264lbs and 276lbs, about 100lbs lighter then MTL grapple. I like the layout of there upper rake tines on the dual hydraulics.

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
Here's the precision grapple. Tractor Time with Tim:

Looks like there is also a 5% off code too.

The grapple looks nice. He's using it on a 2038R which is comparable to an L series, except it has more "premium features".

Greg

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
OrYgun said:

FIRST POST! 60 year member! Need Grapple advice...

I can’t contribute any advice, but certainly want to congratulate you OrYgun on the occasion of your first post, after being a member here for 60!!! Years!

😂🤣😂
He was obviously there the day Al Gore invented the internet.

• Haha

ibbuckhunter

Equipment
MX6000
Dec 20, 2021
They are a stand-up company who makes great equipment. Not sure why some get uptight about paying EA. When you buy a plane ticket do you pay once you land at the destination? :)
No choice with an airline. After 9/11 I lost my $1,200 airline tickets for my honeymoon and never received a refund from the airline. Stuff happens. These are fair concerns. Other companies I have dealt with have taken a percentage down (usually enough to cover the raw material purchase) and then they contact me when the item is about to get produced for the balance. This seems a bit more realistic of an ask from a customer. To send them several thousand dollars up front seems a bit much. I just ordered my new MX6000. Pricing is locked in for December purchase. Pricing will likely change in January. I don't have to pay for my new tractor until it comes in. My Price wont change. If they don't deliver, I don't pay.

57plymouth

Equipment
Kubota L3901 with FEL, 1955 Ford 900 Row Crop
Oct 26, 2020
Blythewood, SC
I bought my grapple from MTL. I bought a 48" to get a lighter grapple to increase the amount of junk I can lift with it. I did a LOT of research before I bought it and this was the best intersection of price and quality.