FIRST POST! 60 year member! Need Grapple advice new L2501 owner

OrYgun

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2021 Kubota L2501
May 7, 2021
Oregon
Hey everyone! Just purchased the L2501, delivery next week. Got the 3rd function with purchase and looking for some attachments: forks, grapple, rear weight ballast box, and maybe 3pt hitch with hooks or other features on it. I like the EA Wicked root rake, but I've read on these forums that they have been slow to deliver and are backordered months... is it worth waiting?!? or what other grapples, hopefully less money and less wait time do you guys like? For the forks... I dont want anything too heavy as it soaks up a lot of lifting ability with a 400-500# set. Thanks for your time!

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
You could look at Artillian. They make a high quality "system". There is a universal frame which you can attach multiple 'implements' to - pallet forks, grapple sections, stump bucket, etc.

It's not cheap. It's also the long bottom style grapple, instead of the clam style.

I just ordered an EA Wicked Root grapple this week. I was not real enthused with having to pay all the money up front and wait 12-14 weeks. Good luck getting your money back if something happens, but since I bought it on my credit card through my local credit union, I'll be afforded some protection. 12-14 weeks is a pretty long wait, but honestly, that'll get it here in late summer so my dad and I can use it this fall. Pretty much anything I had to order was going to cause me to miss the spring season.

Reactions: 1 user

B2710

Equipment
LX3310, L45, RTV1100
Dec 13, 2011
SE Tennessee

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I went with Landprides SGC0660 grapple .
So far it has performed as expected other than one of the parking stand latch springs was lost while moving brush. I have used it to remove pines in sandy soil with trunks approaching 10 inch in diameter but this is not the norm.
The manual lists the weight at 250 lbs.
The build quality seems decent. I have not bent any tines yet, knock on wood.
Price with tax was $1188.

Reactions: 1 users

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Congratulations on your new tractor! I purchased a QH-15 quick hitch with my tractor as with the $300 implement credit it was almost free, and it is very convenient. I went with a Titan ballast box filled with stone and it was $300 well spent IMO, much less cumbersome than an implement hanging off the back. I can't answer whether it's worth waiting for an EA grapple and landscape rake for you but that's what I did and I've been satisfied with them both.. One thing I found with EA's production estimate is they have always beat it by a bit. I don't have forks but I think you're right in looking for lighter weight ones.

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
EA makes quality equipment and is worth waiting for, assuming that wait doesn’t go past your ability to file a dispute with your credit card company under the FCRA. They’ve been around forever and I’ve ordered from them successfully, but it’s a personal thing for you to decide if you want to front the entire amount as charged (not held) on your card at the time of order. If for some reason they ran into issues and went belly up, once you’re past 60 days, the credit card company won’t be helping you pursue your money back at that point.

Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
. . . once you’re past 60 days, the credit card company won’t be helping you pursue your money back at that point.
That may not the actual limit in days. From the FTC website:
Exercise Your Rights
To take advantage of the law's consumer protections, you must:

• write to the creditor at the address given for "billing inquiries," not the address for sending your payments, and include your name, address, account number, and a description of the billing error. Use our sample letter.
  • send your letter so that it reaches the creditor within 60 days after the first bill with the error was mailed to you. It’s a good idea to send your letter by certified mail; ask for a return receipt so you have proof of what the creditor received. Include copies (not originals) of sales slips or other documents that support your position. Keep a copy of your dispute letter.
The creditor must acknowledge your complaint, in writing, within 30 days after receiving it, unless the problem has been resolved. The creditor must resolve the dispute within two billing cycles (but not more than 90 days) after getting your letter.

So if you make the purchase on day 15 of your billing cycle and get your statement 15 days later, you have those 60 days PLUS the 15.

At least that's the way I interpret it. I recently disputed an insurance billing through a CC and its surprising how fast the insurance company fixed things once they were notified of the chargeback.

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
That may not the actual limit in days. From the FTC website:
Exercise Your Rights
To take advantage of the law's consumer protections, you must:

• write to the creditor at the address given for "billing inquiries," not the address for sending your payments, and include your name, address, account number, and a description of the billing error. Use our sample letter.
  • send your letter so that it reaches the creditor within 60 days after the first bill with the error was mailed to you. It’s a good idea to send your letter by certified mail; ask for a return receipt so you have proof of what the creditor received. Include copies (not originals) of sales slips or other documents that support your position. Keep a copy of your dispute letter.
The creditor must acknowledge your complaint, in writing, within 30 days after receiving it, unless the problem has been resolved. The creditor must resolve the dispute within two billing cycles (but not more than 90 days) after getting your letter.

So if you make the purchase on day 15 of your billing cycle and get your statement 15 days later, you have those 60 days PLUS the 15.

At least that's the way I interpret it. I recently disputed an insurance billing through a CC and its surprising how fast the insurance company fixed things once they were notified of the chargeback.
With e-billing and the like these days, I decided not to chance it. I had contacted EA on 30-March to make a change to the order (that was placed on 15-Mar) and had been told they would make the change and issue the credit. And as it turned out of course, the credit never happened and the order hasn’t shipped. So in working with my credit card company (yours may be different), I then learned that with them (the bank), there would have been additional purchase protection had I logged the dispute within 30-days. Again, quality equipment and while never personally having had issues before with them, at the very minimum in this case I would have lost my claim to their failure to issue the credit they said they would be issuing.

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
One thing I found with EA's production estimate is they have always beat it by a bit. I don't have forks but I think you're right in looking for lighter weight ones.
That's my impression with EA as well. Looking at some threads on this forum, even during the pandemic they have been on time (to their given estimate when ordered) at a minimum.

My biggest issue was unforeseen circumstances - total loss of business and you find out they didn't have proper insurance, tax evasion, criminal fraud, etc. Some major event that financially cripples the business and there is no coming back. Where you basically get in line to get your money back from someone who has no money to give out.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I have the EA 55" Wicked Root Grapple and they have taken everything I have thrown at them. I never realized how useful a grapple is until I got this one.

I would guess that any grapple is better than no grapple. The one thing I would watch is the weight of the grapple because that will take away from the load you can lift.

Resized_20191227_130731.jpg
Resized_20200222_110719.jpeg
Resized_20200307_083146.jpg

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
EA could go belly up but they appear to be thriving. Watched a YouTube video this week where they were giving a tour of the facility and announcing 2nd shift running to meet demands. Also gave overview of the expansion project that is starting soon.

I have many of the EA implements and each are built like tanks.

For me a box blade is on the order list and if I were to lose my money so be it, the quality I have gotten from the implements in my opinion out ways the risk which I feel is near 0 that I don't get what I order.

Just my opinion here but I do like EA Attachments.

Jay

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I have the same ^ grapple on order from them. So far I really like their products. I have used their wicked tooth bar, 6 way back blade, and 72" box blade a lot. I recently received but have not used their subsoiler and pallet forks. I still have more than 10 weeks to wait on the grapple. . . It all depends how bad you want it

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
You could look at Artillian.
would not suggest this grapple. OP has SSQA, the artillian grapple requires its own quick attach plate, redundant plus unneeded weight. He'll need double lids at $2700, plus the $700 frame. lunacy.

Ive ordered from EA before and been very happy each time. I even canceled an order about 10 weeks in for a landscape rake and was promptly refunded. They are a stand-up company who makes great equipment. Not sure why some get uptight about paying EA. When you buy a plane ticket do you pay once you land at the destination? :)

I ordered an EA grapple as well a few weeks ago, no problem waiting in queue.

Last edited:

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Here is a twin lid option that's under 300lbs. I believe it's a bit more than the EA grapple but the lead time may be less. I ordered my wicked 55 grapple on 1/23/21 and it shipped on 5/4/21.

Last edited:

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I purchased a MTL CV 60 from MTL Attachments, for my L series which has the same loader. It is a twin lid grapple and weighs around 350 lbs. They are currently in stock and cost $1,200 including shipping.

I am very happy with the grapple and consider its size and weight a good match for an L series. It is good value.

Attachments

Last edited:

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
I got a box blade from these guys, extremely well built, I suspect grapple is as well. about 6 weeks, I believe.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
OrYgun said:

FIRST POST! 60 year member! Need Grapple advice...

I can’t contribute any advice, but certainly want to congratulate you OrYgun on the occasion of your first post, after being a member here for 60!!! Years!

😂🤣😂

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
The mini 322 looks to be a very nice grapple with double close. Anyone have one?
Haven't seen anyone with one here yet but TTWT recently got two of them.