Fire to celebrate Easter

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Here in Germany we have a tradition of fire to Easter. Getting rid of the small pieces of wood from cutting trees.

May daughter having fun and is lucky to stay up late... :rolleyes:

der carl

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ohhhh cabu,,, that little one is going to be a heart breaker for sure, I use to tell all of the boys that came to the house for my daughters that I had 40 acres and a back hoe,,lol

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Heh Skeets!

Cute kid Carl! Reminds me of my cousin (my cousin's daughter is still a cousin right?). She's a little fireball about that age and has the tendency to coral anyone who will give her attention into playing whatever game she's come up with at that particular moment. God help her parents!

Looks like a wonderful way to spend Easter. We usually have dinner up here with my grandfather and family and then watch whatever sports are on til the conversation drys up. Not bad either but the pyro in me would prefer the fire :D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Is the bon fire a Carl family tradition or is it something commonly done all across Germany on Easter?

benben

Equipment
B7200 Hst with heated cabin
Dec 18, 2012
quebec canada
hello Cabu
nice easterfire theire,happy easter from Canada!

Frohe Ostern von Canada.Ich wuerde auch gern so ein Osterfeuer machen,aber leider geht das hier im moment sehr schlecht,da noch zu viel Schnee auf dem Boden ist und der Schnee auch zu weich ist und ich dann Knietief einsinken wuerde.
In welchem Teil von Deutschland wird dieses Traditionelle Osterfeuer gemacht?Ich kenne das nicht.

Viele Gruesse aus dem schoenen Canada

benben

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Actually the tradition is all over Germany but more in the north. And in some areas they use wheels and straw pushed down a hill. Also very nice.
The fire fighters of my village organized the biggest one:

You can just open a picture and click on it to get the next one.
As you can see, it is a kind of happening. And you can also see, that Germans take every chance to enjoy a cold beer. :rolleyes:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
stumpy,, glad you got to spend time with your family. My mother passed away Feb 1 this year and Easter was the first time my family got to get together for dinner. When we all got sat down at the table, Dad folded his head and started crying. They were married 53 years. Guys, enjoy every minute you can with the family. Cabu, I don't remember the fires for easter when I was in Germany, but I do remember the night sky being lit up in all directions for New Years. I allmost got my hand blew off from one of those German firecrakers.