Finish Mower for L3200

qball

Mar 26, 2012
Elgin, SC
I’m looking to buy a finish mower for my L3200 tractor and I'm wondering what size finish mower would best fit my tractor? Also doesn’t anybody have any recommendations on a good finish mower?

The 6’ finish mower from Agri Supply for $900 sounds like a good deal but I’m wondering if it’s too good to be true because the 6’ finish mower from Tractor Supply is $1600.

Agri Supply
http://www.agrisupply.com/Fm-Point-Finishing-Mower/p/65059/&sid=&eid=/

Tractor Supply
http://www.tractorsupply.com/county...rge-finish-mower-with-a-40-hp-gearbox-2120555

Thanks, Michael

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I think either one will work fine. If you think spending more money means better equipment then at $1,600 bucks for a off brand County Line you might as well go look into a Woods or Landpride mower for that price. I think you'll be just as happy with the 900 dollar mower as you will be with the 1600 dollar one

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
All I can say is "LOVE my woods." well, 'cus its all I've ever owned. Three of them, still got them too.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
My L3000 handles a 72" mower just fine. As long as the mower sticking out past your rear wheels doesn't interfear with anything you should be fine with a 72" as well.

I read the reviews on the one from agri-supply and 2 out of 2 reviews had some kind of problem with the mower. From my own experience if you buy a cheap mower it will be exactly what you paid for. Cheap built mower with a poor cut quality. Mine was.

If I was shopping for a mower it would be another Bushhog brand. I've been using a FTH 720 for 13 seasons now (cutting 10+ acres) and it's still as good as new. I have only had one problem with it. The bushings in the wheels wore out after about 4 or 5 yrs. Bushhog offers a roller bearing kit which is a easy fix.

Only 2 things I would do different if I ever had to buy another one.
1. I would get a rear discharge instead of side.
2. I would order it Kubota orange. They offer it so why not.

Reguardless of what brand you get check the blade tip speed. The faster they are the better your cut will be. Just something to compair to, my mower is 15k fpm. The new Bushhog mowers are 18k fpm.

I look at it like this. Buy 1 quality mower, store it in the dry, keep it serviced and you may never have to buy another one. I learned the hard way there is a big difference between a cheap mower and a higher priced one. Do yourself a favor and get a good mower the first time. That's just my 2 cents.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Bulldog does bring up a vaiid point. You do get what you pay for in life. But sometimes I look at it as if its something I don't plan to use all that often then why spend big bucks for it to sit around and look pretty. There are always pros and cons to everthing in life. Believe me if I had deep pockets I'd have top of the line everthing but I'm so broke I can barely afford to pay attention half the time so I have to build my way up to the top notch toys.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I tend to go along with Bulldog, as well. From the pictures, the TSC mower is much better built. TSC also gives you useable data, instead of a song routine about rear discharge...
From what I read, Countyline is TSC's own name, with the units being built by KingKutter.
Before I spent the money, I'd at least try for more info on the Agri Supply one. Like weight, sheet metal guage, etc. It looks cheap, with bolt-on wheels and a really flimsy 3ph frame

blsievers

Sep 5, 2012
WI
I have a woods rm660 behind my L3010. It cuts nice and is very easy to adjust. Its 1996 model I picked up for $600 . One up side to a 60 inch mower is if the tractor gets thru so will the mower.

I started looking at new tsc models and decided a used woods from a local dealer would be a better deal

I only cut about 4 acres with quite a few trees.

BS