Finish Mower for B2650?

VT_Kubota

Equipment
B2650
Dec 7, 2020
Vermont
vthomesource.com
Thanks to everyone for their advice and replies to this post. I was able to get a price for a Land Pride finish mower, but neither of the dealers that sold Woods mowers bothered to return my calls.

The salesperson who sells Bush Hog was very responsive. After comparing the specs, and considering all the responses to my post, I ordered a Bush Hog HDTH5 (5') mower from him. Yes, it will be painted Kubota orange to match my B2650!

Reactions: 1 users

L2501dt

Jun 5, 2020
Connecticut
I plan to purchase a 5' rear-mounted finish mower for my B2650. This will be used for mowing my lawn and a small pasture, about 3 acres in total. I had considered both a 3-point hitch unit and a MMM, but for my property, a 3-point hitch mower is more suitable than a MMM. I do not intend to use it as a brush hog. :p

There are dealers in my area for a few brands of finish mowers, so I do have a good selection available locally. According to the spec sheets, there isn't much difference between Land Pride, Bush Hog, and Woods. What do you recommend based on your experience? Is any one brand considered to be of better quality than the others?
I have a woods7200 (6ft) finish mower for my l2501. Works great. Like many people have said its a finish mower so not much can vary between the brands. I also have a land pride brush hog that i can use as a finish mower in my fields

Reactions: 1 user

VT_Kubota

Equipment
B2650
Dec 7, 2020
Vermont
vthomesource.com
I have a woods7200 (6ft) finish mower for my l2501. Works great. Like many people have said its a finish mower so not much can vary between the brands. I also have a land pride brush hog that i can use as a finish mower in my fields
Yes, I agree. There were some minor differences between the brands, but in the end, I think any of them would do an acceptable job. Neither of the dealers selling the Woods mowers returned my calls requesting a price. The Bush Hog salesperson was very responsive, so he got the sale!

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Yes, I agree. There were some minor differences between the brands, but in the end, I think any of them would do an acceptable job. Neither of the dealers selling the Woods mowers returned my calls requesting a price. The Bush Hog salesperson was very responsive, so he got the sale!
Not sure if I mentioned before, but the regular blades that come with the bush hog didn't do the best job of lifting up the tall/wet grass. Especially when the cut height is set up towards the higher end. I put some "high lift" blades on and saw a nice improvement in that regard. If I'm mowing the ditches or long grass that I'm not sure if someone has discarded some trash into....I'll make a first pass with the regular blades and put the high lift blades on when the area is known to be free of debris. It's nice to accidently beat up the regular blades and keep the good ones clean and sharp!

Reactions: 1 user

VT_Kubota

Equipment
B2650
Dec 7, 2020
Vermont
vthomesource.com
Not sure if I mentioned before, but the regular blades that come with the bush hog didn't do the best job of lifting up the tall/wet grass. Especially when the cut height is set up towards the higher end. I put some "high lift" blades on and saw a nice improvement in that regard. If I'm mowing the ditches or long grass that I'm not sure if someone has discarded some trash into....I'll make a first pass with the regular blades and put the high lift blades on when the area is known to be free of debris. It's nice to accidently beat up the regular blades and keep the good ones clean and sharp!

Thanks for that suggestion. I'll be mowing a lot of tall grass, so I'll check out those other blades.