Finally! Got to play in the snow with my new rig.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

2015 B2650 and a Pronovost Puma 64" blower. Block heater is plugged into a wireless switched outlet that I can activate from the house 100-ish yards away. Get up, decide I need to blow snow, hit the switch and have breakfast and a coupla cups of coffee. :)

The second picture shows the boat winch I adapted to rotate the chute. There's a DPDT switch in the cab to turn it in either direction.

The mini-cylinder on the deflector is hooked to the single remote on the rear of the tractor, lever for that is right next to the switch for the rotator. Wicked handy...

The lamp clipped to the deflector bracket is so I know the block heater outlet is on when I hit the remote. I can see it from the den window in the house.

My previous set up was a John Deere 750. No cab. No live PTO. No power steering. Gear trans. With some practice and some planning to avoid having to hit the clutch with a blower full of snow, it was possible to get through a storm without plugging the blower or shearing a pin. Still did on occasion, but it still beat the stuffing out of a shovel.

Now with a heated cab and all the luxuries, it's just plain fun. 17 degrees out with a decent breeze. No snow down my neck, no snotsickles hanging off the mustache, no soaking wet gloves and frozen fingers. In fact, once the tractor got up to operating temp, I had to set the fan on low and cut the heat back to about 1/2 and that was really too much in a long sleeved shirt and a hoodie, but I needed that much to keep the glass clear.

Last edited:

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Good for you! This snow was crappy to deal with too, crusty stuff here in NH. My blade never has a problem cutting right to pavement but it did with today's snow. I did my first year without a cab a couple years back and you are so right, there's nothing better than a toasty cab.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Good for you, you'll never go back to an open tractor once you have a cab, enjoy. PS: WE already have enough snow here, no need to send any, lol.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
paul, do not use the word play or fun when talking about the tractor,, the wife my hear you.. (BG)
We will have been married for 41 years this Thursday.

She knows from extensive (and expensive...) experience that the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys! :eek:

lonegunman

Equipment
L-3200 HST, FEL, back blade, box scraper, brush mower, discs and 2 bottom plow
Feb 13, 2014
Cheney, WA
I have about 100 feet of driveway and I plow the road in front of my mailbox and gates. This year we finally have enough cold and snow to really enjoy my tractor.

I really do not hate to say it, but I kind of like to be outside shoving the snow back into its place most evenings when I get home from work. I am getting better at it. My first try, I turned a bit to much backing up and sliced a two foot gash in my shop with the cutting edge of the bucket. Opps:(

Our L3200 is still the best thing we ever bought. I am looking forward to plowing and seeding the fields with more decent pasture grass and quail friendly plants this spring.

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
My first try, I turned a bit to much backing up and sliced a two foot gash in my shop with the cutting edge of the bucket. Opps

Rookie move! Lol. I almost took out a tree I planted this year with the bucket dragging my yard! Hard to watch everything.

apeckham

Equipment
L3800HST, Buhler 6' Finish Mower, Land Pride APS500, Land Pride RB3774
Feb 24, 2014
Corning, IA, USA
PHPaul - What switch are you using to get out 100 yds.? I've wanting to set something like that up but everything I've found is 150' on a good day.