Finally got a payment book for the Sidekick

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Only took 5 months, numerous calls to Kubota in Grapevine and harassing my dealer to get it. Of course we made every payment on time using the original payment stub that was with the sales contract but it finally showed up with (interestingly the first 4 stubs removed.. They even included envelopes to ,ail the payments back with.

Never waited so long for a payment book before.....:eek:

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
Only took 5 months, numerous calls to Kubota in Grapevine and harassing my dealer to get it. Of course we made every payment on time using the original payment stub that was with the sales contract but it finally showed up with (interestingly the first 4 stubs removed.. They even included envelopes to ,ail the payments back with.

Never waited so long for a payment book before.....:eek:
Reminds me, the dealer never got my two free hats..been waiting since July

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
I always paid online ...
Monthly
Much easier for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Every piece of ag equipment we have ever bought came with either direct billing or a payment book though I will say this is the first monthly payment, we usually pay quarterly. We (the farm) pays nothing online and never has.

Hard copy is important to us as the accountant uses that for depreciation purposes and yes, the Sidekick was bought as a piece of farm equipment. It gets a spray rig in the back this spring, gets to haul tractor fuel and deliver lunch in the field.

I think 5 months is a bit excessive but, I did hear that Kubota was having issues concerning their financial wing in Grapevine. Heard some other stuff to but cannot conform any of it.

Something about Buheler and the big Kubota M Series.

Orange man

Equipment
Kubota L2501 LA525 loader , woods prd6000 mower, Land pride RB 1672
Jul 23, 2014
WNY
Just bought a L2501 about a month ago, payment book was here two weeks after I signed the contract. We pay over the phone and about a week later we get a receipt in the mail. My last kubota was the same.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Every piece of ag equipment we have ever bought came with either direct billing or a payment book though I will say this is the first monthly payment, we usually pay quarterly. We (the farm) pays nothing online and never has.

Hard copy is important to us as the accountant uses that for depreciation purposes and yes, the Sidekick was bought as a piece of farm equipment. It gets a spray rig in the back this spring, gets to haul tractor fuel and deliver lunch in the field.

I think 5 months is a bit excessive but, I did hear that Kubota was having issues concerning their financial wing in Grapevine. Heard some other stuff to but cannot conform any of it.

Something about Buheler and the big Kubota M Series.
Time to move into the current century and pay online or other modern payment form. You dont take a horse and buggy to town anymore do you? Dairy guy deliver milk to your doorstep?:D

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'm as backwards as Flip, 'cause I take my banking needs to the bank. I have moved up to a motorized truck, and often when I go to town I pick up groceries, including milk. Fortunately I haven't progressed to the point I have to get meat and eggs there. Those are farm fresh!

I don't consider any of this activity a negative. I do consider the increased likely hood of identity theft a negative though.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I'm as backwards as Flip, 'cause I take my banking needs to the bank. I have moved up to a motorized truck, and often when I go to town I pick up groceries, including milk. Fortunately I haven't progressed to the point I have to get meat and eggs there. Those are farm fresh!

I don't consider any of this activity a negative. I do consider the increased likely hood of identity theft a negative though.
smoke signal received.;)

It does seem a safer method though. Paper trails not so bad.

Last edited:

cjoffutt

Oct 14, 2019
Indiana
Time to move into the current century and pay online or other modern payment form. You dont take a horse and buggy to town anymore do you? Dairy guy deliver milk to your doorstep?:D
Paid the loans on my car, the wife's van, and 1/3 of my 'other' orange colored tractor thus far using snail mailed checks. I have zero desire to pay online, via phone, etc. I'd much rather have the ability to look back at my checkbook and see when the check was written, for how much, and what check # it was. I don't rely on an emailed/printed receipt for when any of them should call up going 'you missed a payment', or 'we marked the payment as ZZZ instead of YYY. I've had to many emails on both my gmail and work server just disappear to trust anything else.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Actually, when my wife raised Percheron Draft horses we had a couple of them that were broke to ride and drive and we would ride them ito town quite often. Ride them to town and have dinner. Tied across from the diner to a phone pole and usually left a loaf or two there as well.

No milk in this house, we are both lactose intolerant.:D

The farm pays nothing online and never has. Always a payment book or mailed invoice. Do the same with my customers, they get a paper invoice and pay on that.

My Kubota dealer bills the farm monthly as well. Paper invoice and they get paid with a c=check.

No problem being old school, we like it like that.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
My Dealer dropped off books with manuals, machine and a hat. Im auto-pay online every month anyway, but I write the check each month for my truck as I like to add extra on the principal whenever OT or sidejobs allow. 0% on Orange gets normal payment whereas 1.9% on my Toyota means toss money at it...

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I got a nice jacket and hat but then I do a lot of business with my dealer. Far as the payment book is concerned, that came from Kubota, not the dealer. Got a new Kubota round baler coming in shortly. That will be a quarterly payment.