Finally did complete service

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
A couple months ago I bought the complete filter kit (oil, 2 hydro and air) and almost enough Super UDT2 at Messicks. I was sure there was a part jug of UDT2 in the shed from when I did the L3200 - but was wrong. That meant a quick trip to pick up a 2-1/2 gallon jug of the nectar to top it off and have some leftovers in stock. I also did the front axle and flushed and refilled the coolant. Everything was greased. Found a fan belt that needed tightened, but nothing else that was out of whack. Spent pretty much all day doing the work.

It is a good feeling to have this taken care of and now I'm certain of what was done and when for planning future maintenance. The work took longer than I thought it would. Of course at my age I say that a lot:) It was hot yesterday but working in the shade made it bearable.

Today I'll be giving it a good bath and maybe some wax. Then get the glass clean inside and out, and a new RainX application on the outside. Finally, a cleaning and sharpening for the mower and a coat of Lanox "sheep squeezins" on the deck's underside.

Reactions: 2 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I tell my wife that tractor time is therapy time. Nothing like running it or maintaining it to help me relax and forget about the world. My B3200 will hit 200 hrs this fall and will get a complete service. I’ll also do a complete on the B1700 just to get a good look at the fluids and take care of a few areas that look like they may have a small leak. Speaking of fluid and filters, I need to get stocked up as well.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
I have two more logs to load on my mill this morning while it is still cool out, then my tractor goes into my shop to do the 200 hour maintenance. I decided to not wait till the 400 hours to change the transmission fluid and will do it now. Peace of mind type of thing. Of all of the new things I have ever owned, my tractor has been exceptionally maintained. Not sure why, but I enjoy cranking a wrench on my tractor.

Reactions: 1 user

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Did my service last year on the L4600, took me all day but it was fun.

Not the big K but last weekend did the 250 hour service on my Exmark mower. I serviced it including the hyro oil, new blades, even washed it and the towel I put on the seat so my legs don't stick to the seat when wearing shorts. Man it was nice seeing it on Sunday nice and shiny sitting under shelter.

Have a great day!
Jay

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I tell my wife that tractor time is therapy time. Nothing like running it or maintaining it to help me relax and forget about the world. My B3200 will hit 200 hrs this fall and will get a complete service. I’ll also do a complete on the B1700 just to get a good look at the fluids and take care of a few areas that look like they may have a small leak. Speaking of fluid and filters, I need to get stocked up as well.
I have a zero turn my wife operates exclusively, and some folks question the cost of such a machine. I simply tell them to take the hourly fees their psychologist charges and multiply that by the hours on a mower, and the price of the mower seems much more reasonable!

Reactions: 1 user