Final backyard grading done

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
Used the ol' L225DT to grade my backyard. The digger with the rocks on top was made by my uncle for my dad years ago. After using it to break up the hard soli, I was able to attach the box scraper I rented for the day to finish smoothing and leveling the soil. Just about ready to dig sprinkler lines this Friday.

Attachments

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Nice job! (I'm guessing you got the "rice paddy" tires anticipating the lake may fill up again?)

I'd like to know more about your uncle's invention. It would be great if you could describe it, and maybe take some pics and post 'em in your album or in this thread.

Looking forward to your sprinkler lines report! <hint><hint> :D

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Looks like a homemade scarifier.
That ground looks like it's gonna take some effort to grow grass in. I suppose you'll have alot of sun to help though. Looks good so far.

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
Bmblank you're correct. Its just a rack with 5 v-shaped "plows" that dig in and help break up rough soil. Once I get sprinklers in, I'll bring in about 2 inches of top soil. We bought the house new two years ago with an unfinished basement. My wife said she didn't want to live in a house with only half the space finished. Its a one story with a full basement. So we set out to finish it by ourselves and by ourselves I mean me;) After a day of framing, she was burned out for the duration of the project. Now that the basement is done, its backyard time. Truth be told, I'd rather be working on my basement.

Attachments