Filter guards

Beanboy

Equipment
Kubota L4600 HST w/FEL, landpride DH1572. KK 5 ft boxblade
May 11, 2014
St Augustine FL
Has anyone created a guard for the oil and Hydro filters for a L4600? Working around old brush piles and logging decks I am very careful and watching for loose limbs and stumps. Mowing high grass at camp I had a stick/limb flip up and crush my oil filter, luckily noticed and replaced filter, but am trying to make a guard to prevent a reoccurrence. Prefer not to weld to frame. Any suggestions?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
If you do a search through the site you can find guards for the fuel filter made my wildfire and a couple others. Also there are a couple of posts on skid plates and how they were made and none of them were are welded to the tractor, So back relax crack an adult beverage or a cup of coffee and enjoy the ride

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
With every tractor comes a different way of making a guard. On our little BX I designed a couple of guards. One for the lower bottom portion of the tractor. It's a three piece design and works very well for our needs.

One guard for the fuel filter conversion I did and another for the rear lights and none of them required welding them to the tractor. Bolt on and that's it. Just use your imagination and you'll come up with something.

fast*st

Equipment
M7040, L2900, F550 ford, Yanmar vio70 excavator, Case 580, JD 350 dozer, JD 644E
Jun 26, 2012
Northern Mass
Made up a full front/rear skid plate to protect the filters and hydraulic valves down low, been in service a while and have not done the every month or two hydraulic hose replacement. It is made from 1/4 inch cold rolled (C1018) plate and hasn't dented or warped even a little.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9359

Last edited: