FEL Shoes

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
OK, I'm getting VERY forgetful. Somewhere I have seen a skid shoe attachment to put on a FEL to prevent gouging of grave, but I don't remember where I saw it. :confused: Could someone please help me find them?? :eek::eek:

Dave

ctmike

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3750 DT with loader, brush mower, rear grader blade, box scraper, rear blower,
May 10, 2013
Suffield, CT
OK, I'm getting VERY forgetful. Somewhere I have seen a skid shoe attachment to put on a FEL to prevent gouging of grave, but I don't remember where I saw it. :confused: Could someone please help me find them?? :eek::eek:

Dave
Gouging of grave?? Are you planning on taking your Kubota with you? :)

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Gouge the grave?? Not ME ? ? ? Can't take it with me, BUT I can leave it to the grandkids ! ! ! Plus, I'm tired of having to BUY more gravel to get it smooth every year. And I hope it will make it easier to keep from gouging the driveway in the winter. I might even try to make a set MYSELF.

Dave

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
They would be easy enough to make but at $40 a pop, not worth your time or welder unless you desperately need the practice welding, cleaning, prepping, priming and painting.

This looks to be about the first 'must have' attachment I've ever seen that is very reasonably priced for what it delivers.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Buddy bought three for his 3800 loader in November and swears by them. It makes his job so much easier than using the snow machine on four passes. Now he can get it done in two. Occasionally catches a tad of gravel but not much and not often. He runs in float and goes to town.

Now he is whining about the windchill of going fast on the tractor. I told him to make up curtains or move out to AZ. :)

If I had to deal with snow, I'd be ordering a pair -or three.

Pepsiboy

Equipment
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Or, you could split a piece of 3" sch 40 pipe lengthwise, and hammer it on to the cutting edge...:D
That's what I did. I split a piece of 2" PVC and pounded it onto the edge. Looks like it should work well. BUT OF COURSE, it hasn't snowed after doing that. :p Just my luck. No snow for us is a good thing. Easy to get into and out of our place, AND I don't have to run the tractor (saves fuel). :)

Dave

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
That's what I did. I split a piece of 2" PVC and pounded it onto the edge. Looks like it should work well. BUT OF COURSE, it hasn't snowed after doing that. :p Just my luck. No snow for us is a good thing. Easy to get into and out of our place, AND I don't have to run the tractor (saves fuel). :)

Dave
The absolute best way at least in MD, is to spend at least $2,500 on a new snowblower, then it won't snow enough, or the right kind, for 5-10 years...:eek:

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana
I got a long crowned gravel drive to work on in the spring, I like the concept and love making things and the shop as a hobby, but at their price I think I might buy theirs and spend more time enjoying using my tractor. Using one of these on each outer bucket end looks ideal for cutting down that crown.

Last edited: