FEL Plate Compactor - Anyone have this?

MOlivin

Equipment
L6060
May 15, 2023
MO
I'm trying to find a plate compactor and came across a couple of companies that have these types of units for skid steers/tractors. Has anyone on here used on for your tractor?

The specs show a Hydro flow between 12-21gpm. I've for an L6060 with the specs of:
Total Flow 14.1gpm
Pump output 9.4gpm
Power Steering 4.7gpm

I'm assuming the Pump Output would have to be at least 12gpm to run this thing, correct? Not the "Total Flow"?

Thanks all!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes you're right, you don't have enough flow to run it.

Last edited:

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I've used something very similar.
Your L6060 is perfectly capable of handling it if you just plumb the required hydraulics through an after-market PTO driven hydraulic pack vs the L6060 pump and Bob's your uncle.
There is hundreds of manufactures of them out there and lots of people simply make their own and run all kinda things like log splitters, lumber mills, wood processors, jack hammers, etc...
These rear power packs are very useful for a lot of things and new for the size your talking about are pretty cheap at less than $3k probably closer to $2K new or build yourself for even less.

MOlivin

Equipment
L6060
May 15, 2023
MO
I've used something very similar.
Your L6060 is perfectly capable of handling it if you just plumb the required hydraulics through an after-market PTO driven hydraulic pack vs the L6060 pump and Bob's your uncle.
There is hundreds of manufactures of them out there and lots of people simply make their own and run all kinda things like log splitters, lumber mills, wood processors, jack hammers, etc...
These rear power packs are very useful for a lot of things and new for the size your talking about are pretty cheap at less than $3k probably closer to $2K new or build yourself for even less.
That is highly promising. Never seen the power packs before. Thanks for the info!