FEL operations

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
While using my FEL, as i curl the bucket down, it seems to hit a dead spot and it'll momentarily stop curling then resume after about 2-3 seconds, almost as if there is air in the system and it has to re-pressurize. Any idea what could cause this?

E/S

Equipment
2009 M8540HDC 4x4 w/ Cab
Jan 6, 2010
Reno, NV
First thing I would check if it does it in the same spot every time is a bent ram.

E/S

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
I agree with E/S. I had the same thing happen to my Dad's M4030. Bent both rams trying to use the FEL to move/handle logs. I had to replace both of the curling cylinders to fix it.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
While using my FEL, as i curl the bucket down, it seems to hit a dead spot and it'll momentarily stop curling then resume after about 2-3 seconds, almost as if there is air in the system and it has to re-pressurize. Any idea what could cause this?
I may not be thinking on the same lines as you are so correct me if I'm not understanding your situation correctly. Just by the way you first described it to me I'm assuming you are dumping the bucket at full speed and then after a fast dump it will simply sit there even though you still have the control activated. If this is what is happening to you it's normal. Gravity will allow the bucket to travel down faster than the oil can pressurize the rams. It will sit there just long enough for the oil to build the proper pressure back up to make it move again. In most cases you will never even know this happens.

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
Bulldog,
You described exactly what is happening. It happens when i dump heavier loads just like you described. Thanks for the response. Good to know its normal.

Dan

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Glad to help out Dan, I thought by the way you described it that it was a normal act. I used to see this on my Cat loader after I got the mechanic to hook it to his laptop and speed the controls up for me. It would do the same thing. Have a good one.