FEL man basket

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Couldn’t buy a hd like I wanted. Fabricated a man basket using a steel pallet, 2” square tubing and stall mat floor. Added hooks for buckets. Tool grips for polesaws and chainsaw. 650#.

Safety leg experiment. Single leg will hold the platform with loss of hydraulic pressure.

My wife and I have trimmed tons of trees so far. Having a operator really helps.

Attachments

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

gunnersguru

Equipment
L4701
Aug 12, 2021
SEMO
Couldn’t buy a hd like I wanted. Fabricated a man basket using a steel pallet, 2” square tubing and stall mat floor. Added hooks for buckets. Tool grips for polesaws and chainsaw. 650#.

Safety leg experiment. Single leg will hold the platform with loss of hydraulic pressure.

My wife and I have trimmed tons of trees so far. Having a operator really helps.
man i like that crescent hammer.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

I like the safety leg idea.

One thing lacking in you photos was a photo the safety legs being used in the raised position. But not too difficult to visualize...

I can see them lowering without issue. Do they also retract without binding when the loader arms are lowered? Or do you have to manually lift them?

Smokeydog

Equipment
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee

One thing lacking in you photos was a photo the safety legs being used in the raised position. But not too difficult to visualize...

I can see them lowering without issue. Do they also retract without binding when the loader arms are lowered? Or do you have to manually lift them?

Smokeydog

Equipment
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Have to be careful not to bind the legs up or down. Loose fit. Not to heavy to move and position by hand.