FEL Hydraulic Line Routing Question

schmellba99

Equipment
L3800
Jun 4, 2012
Texas
I'm installing a FEL on my B2410, it isn't the factory version so I'm kind of winging it here. For the most part it seems pretty straight forward once I finally get all of my mechanical items completed. I do, however, have a question on the plumbing for the FEL valve.

There are 3 feed/return lines (tractor had a 4 way blade on it originally when I bought it, so the valve was already there). I know the ports on the valve are 1/2" ORB - does anybody know what size the ports are on the power beyond block and the rear return tap on the transmission on a B2410? I have searched high and low and have not come up with an answer, including owner's manual for the tractor, service manual for the tractor or manual for any FEL attachment.

All of the lines for my FEL are 3/8", these lines appear to be smaller - 1/4" (?). I'm looking at using tubing for the line that returns to the transmission instead of hydraulic hose, which is why I"m looking for the port connection type there. Right now the hose is just kind of zip tied here and there and while it works....it bugs me to no end that it is not a clean and well thought out installation.

I could just remove the lines, but I'd like to have at least a plug to go in that rear port so if I need to move the tractor while I'm sourcing parts and getting hoses built, I can do so. As it stands right now - it's stationary with the open hose.

Michael In Tennessee

Equipment
MX4800HST
Mar 14, 2018
Niota, TN
Provide picture of fitting and measure diameter at the threads if visible. Likely NPT, but you never know. Your new hardline, plan on JIC flares and use adapters where necessary.

Edit: If the hose goes in the only plugged hole I saw in the parts images, it's got an o-ring, so likely ORB.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Most hydraulic fittings on Kubota's are BSPP or BSPT.