fel hard to control

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
the de-tents for the loader are very stiff making it hard to slowly raise, lower and curl the bucket.
when I want to lower, raise or curl the bucket I have to put enough pressure on the control arm that when it overcomes the hard de-tents the bucket jumps.
is there a way to adjust the amount of pressure needed to overcome the de-tents so as to be able to move the bucket slower and smoother with out the jerking?

Technical Ted

Equipment
L3560/cab LA805 loader LandPride RCF2060 rotary cutter, HLA hyd angle snow blade
Jul 2, 2016
Dansville NY
If I need to move the FEL very slowly/carefully on my tractor I back off on the throttle... I don't know if there is a way to adjust something or not.

Ted

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
What tractor and loader do you have? Could be old enough it has moisture, rust, dirt around the detent spring/balls.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
My BX1860 was the same way. I used to do as Ted said and back the throttle down and operated the bucket at lower RPMs. Now, the joy stick operate much smoother after almost 1000 hours of use. That, and the learning curve made it so that I can operate the FEL to an almost imperceptible, very slow speed no matter what RPM my engine is running at.

jpf

Feb 26, 2016
butler, ga USA
sorry, I know better than to post without giving better details about what tractor and what age........my bad.

the tractor is a b2301 2016 model with about 300 hours. it's always kept under a shelter but not a garage, a lean-to on the side of my shed.
most of the hours have been mowing, not so much loader work.
maybe I should "dry fire" the control stick more to get it to loosen up some?
it takes a good bit of pressure to overcome the detents then when it does the bucket moves quickly dropping or raising to fast, jerking.
OK, thanks guy's, no adjustment just a longer learning curve to include a lower engine speed when needed for better control.
thanks, jpf