FEL Float not working BX25

gdicks

Equipment
2013 Kubota BX25, BX2750 Snowblower, mower, boxblade, etc.
Dec 19, 2017
Newfoundland
So I've been noticing that my bx 25 doesn't track straight when in float mode on the FEL. Like if I'm floating forward leveling a surface, eventually one side of the FEL gets hung up and the machine starts to turn in that direction. Its as though one lift cylinder floats and one doesn't and eventually the machine starts to drag to the held up side. I've never seen this before on other tractors.

Any advice as to where to start troubleshooting?

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
So I've been noticing that my bx 25 doesn't track straight when in float mode on the FEL. Like if I'm floating forward leveling a surface, eventually one side of the FEL gets hung up and the machine starts to turn in that direction. Its as though one lift cylinder floats and one doesn't and eventually the machine starts to drag to the held up side. I've never seen this before on other tractors.

Any advice as to where to start troubleshooting?
I think everything is normal.My tractor is larger and I still have the same problem floating forward.I use my brakes to keep a straight line but I think you only have a single brake so wouldn't work for you.In float you are taking most of the weight off of the front of your tractor.When pushing in float the front of the tractor tends to climb up until you have little to no weight on your front wheels.Try floating in reverse and it should work fine.

gdicks

Equipment
2013 Kubota BX25, BX2750 Snowblower, mower, boxblade, etc.
Dec 19, 2017
Newfoundland
Does the same in reverse. I also have a BX 2230 essentially the same tractor without a backhoe and it doesn't behave this way. I assumed the float is meant to allow the FEL to rise and fall with the terrain so there should always be weight on the front wheels?

Perhaps I'll test the float in a stationary position with a jack under the FEL. I should be able to raise and lower the bucket freely in float mode correct?