Feedback rod and lever l4150

Serp0421

Equipment
L4150
Nov 16, 2022
Louisiana
I saw that the feedback rod is broken on my 3P hitch. From what I gather this rod moves a lever that puts the hydros for the lift arm in “neutral” when it reaches max lift or max down. Can this damage 3P hydro if it has went unchecked for a while?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I saw that the feedback rod is broken on my 3P hitch. From what I gather this rod moves a lever that puts the hydros for the lift arm in “neutral” when it reaches max lift or max down. Can this damage 3P hydro if it has went unchecked for a while?ag
If the feedback rod does not put the
valve in neutral at max lift the pump is unloaded by the system pressure relief and it runs continuously at full pressure - roughly 2000 PSI. That will take a toll over time but it's not a death sentence. The 3pt is single acting so there is no problem at full down - the pump is unloading straight to tank as it would in neutral.

The other function of the feedback rod is to maintain a set height on the lift. When the lift sags the feedback rod signals the control valve to open and bring the lift back up to the set point. When the set point is reached the feedback rod signals the control valve to return to neutral.

Dan

Serp0421

Equipment
L4150
Nov 16, 2022
Louisiana
If the feedback rod does not put the
valve in neutral at max lift the pump is unloaded by the system pressure relief and it runs continuously at full pressure - roughly 2000 PSI. That will take a toll over time but it's not a death sentence. The 3pt is single acting so there is no problem at full down - the pump is unloading straight to tank as it would in neutral.

The other function of the feedback rod is to maintain a set height on the lift. When the lift sags the feedback rod signals the control valve to open and bring the lift back up to the set point. When the set point is reached the feedback rod signals the control valve to return to neutral.

Dan
If the feedback rod breaks in the neutral position with that affect the operation of the 3P? I’m asking because when I first ran the tractor the 3P was not responding when I tried it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If the feedback rod breaks in the neutral position with that affect the operation of the 3P? I’m asking because when I first ran the tractor the 3P was not responding when I tried it.
Without the feed back connected, anything can happen with the three point control at anytime.