February 2024 Kubota market

Cab

Jan 31, 2024
Michigan
A new guy here.
It looks to me like there is currently reasonable supply in the market for many Kubota tractors (unlike a couple of years ago) and I'm considering buying a new MX5400 with FEL. Has anyone heard if dealers are willing to discount off list price and how much that discount may be?

Thanks, Cab

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Welcome Cab to the forum,

Pre Covid you could definitely get a discount from your "local" dealer - sometime 10%, sometime less.

Not having bought a new Kubota in 10 years, I have no 1st hand experience - but I have heard via posters here it is harder to get discounts now. Sometimes you can get a break on other pieces of equipment when buying the tractor however.

You'll need to check in with your local dealers and see WHO has what model and how much they will mark down if any on that new machine.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
A new guy here.
It looks to me like there is currently reasonable supply in the market for many Kubota tractors (unlike a couple of years ago) and I'm considering buying a new MX5400 with FEL. Has anyone heard if dealers are willing to discount off list price and how much that discount may be?

Thanks, Cab
Been a couple of years but Sept '21 I ordered a LX and because I was willing to wait for one to come in (90 days) plus the then much better equine discount I got 17.2% off of the MSRP

Attachments

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
A new guy here.

Thanks, Cab
The best answer is for you to shop around and get multiple written quotes

My suggestions:
* ask for first 50h service to be included in price
* ask for the WSM and OM in PDF format
* ask for one or two complete sets of filters for your major service
* ask for a full set of front and rear remotes
* ask for a wheel spinner, OEM tractor tool box and a Kubota hat!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
A new guy here.

Thanks, Cab
Though buyer's conditions have improved, it's still a seller's market.

It is tough to beat the Build It price in my area, after dealer charges for assembly, PDI, option installation, delivery, etc.

Cab

Jan 31, 2024
Michigan
The best answer is for you to shop around and get multiple written quotes

My suggestions:
* ask for first 50h service to be included in price
* ask for the WSM and OM in PDF format
* ask for one or two complete sets of filters for your major service
* ask for a full set of front and rear remotes
* ask for a wheel spinner, OEM tractor tool box and a Kubota hat!
I'm still operating in a Ford 3000/8N world.......WSM and OEM?
I'm guessing a filter set is pricey?

I take it your suggestion is to pay list for the "base" tractor and ask for some add ons to be included at no cost?

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan

I take it your suggestion is to pay list for the "base" tractor and ask for some add ons to be included at no cost?

I think he is suggesting that you ask multiple dealers to come up with the price first, then compare them to each other and the Kubota site, then ask if they will "throw in" some stuff.

I bought mine smack dab in the middle of CV-19. I can't recall with 100% clarity, but I do remember them knocking off about 1500-2K off the Kubota sites price, then another 500 as a "Veteran discount".

I also got a free BH-77 with the purchase of my $10,000 hat.....

20240113_163032[1].jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia

Filters can be pricy. I’m servicing a new L3902 and all OEM filters for it are right at $200. Probably a touch more for the MX, as the hydro filters are physically bigger.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
Cab welcome to the forum. Seems like a fair amount of Kubota's setting on the lots now. I bought my MX6000 during COVID. I had a 4701 bought and dealer sold it out from under me. I think in the end he did me a favor. I am not a swing by the dealer guy for hats and coffee. So after the 4701 deal went south. I got on the Kubota web side and found dealers that were 500 miles and less to me. Spend a morning on the phone and found a new MX6000 and loader in a crate for a good cash price. Not every dealer was trying to get rich during COVID. This was on a Friday the next Tuesday I spent the day going and picking up my new MX6000. Shop around it saved me thousands.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca

No, my suggestion is to get multiple quotes to find out what your fair market value is.

Asking for add ons let's you squeeze the high margin items.

Another hint is to buy at the end of the month from the lowest performing sales person. Buying at the business year end helps too.

I've been told from industry insiders that dealers get to hold tractors for 24 months before they have to start making finance payments to the mother ship.