Farm King (Allied) 3 point snow blower 5010

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Any know anything about this brand? Found one for $2200 2 years old. From the picture, looks brand new. From my google fu, new is $3200. Good deal?

animals45

Equipment
L3301l
Apr 22, 2021
Mabie CA
That depends on how much snow ya have at yer place rite now . I have seen them through out the years on Cl for sale & they look like a nice built unit . Do ya have the part # for it ? I would find their website & see if parts are available for it . I paid 2,200 for my barely used Lorenz 2 years ago .
animal

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I own 2 (a 660 and a 960) . Both have been flawless and can expect a lifetime usage as long as properly sized to your needs.

Buhler Industries (Farm King is one of their brands as is Versatile) is a huge international company which started in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. Recently biggest shareholder has become the Rostov Combine Factory LTD out of Russia which back in the day of the Soviet Union was the biggest combine factory in the world with .

There stuff is sold all over the world and is considered very good quality by many people including myself
Buhler sells about 1/2 billion dollars of stuff a year and publicly traded on a couple different stock markets.

Rostov Combine was HUGE in the old soviet era. For the old Soviet farms they made over 3 MILLION of these combines alone!!

Puts JD to shame on the number sold in the old days. Less now as the fall communism was not kind to this company. Ran out of parts to maintain so most farms switched to European equipment as they could at least get parts to keep stuff running. I am good friends with a guy who used to be GM of Production of one of their biggest factories. (700,000 square feet and
1700785586045.jpeg

Now looks like this.
1700785676121.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
That depends on how much snow ya have at yer place rite now . I have seen them through out the years on Cl for sale & they look like a nice built unit . Do ya have the part # for it ? I would find their website & see if parts are available for it . I paid 2,200 for my barely used Lorenz 2 years ago .
animal
Model number is 5010. I'll check online for parts. Thanks for the tip.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Been looking at 3 point snow blowers for past month. From my searching, seems the good non chineese blowers start around $3200 and go up from there. Plan on checking this one out.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I own 2 (a 660 and a 960) . Both have been flawless and can expect a lifetime usage as long as properly sized to your needs.

Buhler Industries (Farm King is one of their brands as is Versatile) is a huge international company which started in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. Recently biggest shareholder has become the Rostov Combine Factory LTD out of Russia which back in the day of the Soviet Union was the biggest combine factory in the world with .

There stuff is sold all over the world and is considered very good quality by many people including myself
Buhler sells about 1/2 billion dollars of stuff a year and publicly traded on a couple different stock markets.

Rostov Combine was HUGE in the old soviet era. For the old Soviet farms they made over 3 MILLION of these combines alone!!

Puts JD to shame on the number sold in the old days. Less now as the fall communism was not kind to this company. Ran out of parts to maintain so most farms switched to European equipment as they could at least get parts to keep stuff running. I am good friends with a guy who used to be GM of Production of one of their biggest factories. (700,000 square feet and View attachment 116736

Now looks like this.
View attachment 116737
I sure wouldn't want to pay to replace that windshield. Probably in 20 years from now, that windshield wouldn't even be available. This is the problem in the old car hobby, windshields are no longer being reproduced.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
I had a used 50" Buhler 3pt 2 stage blower.. I think this same model had a number of different labels..
It was simple, rugged, easy to maintain.. It may not have been the biggest, fastest as I only had 32 gross horse power to work with, but it moved a lot of snow for cheap..

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
That snow blower should be just fine. I have a 960 on an Allis 200 that I bought used for $2500.00 several years ago. Works fine, just dislike the rear mount for visibility with neck issues. Had to replace the auger chain once. I was using it to blow piles pushed up by the Bobcat when it broke. These things are fairly simple and well made. Just remember to check the gearbox lube level and grease it. I tend to use a front mount blower more often as accuracy is better. When you are in MN a blower is good to have. May not really need it every year but when you do it makes a big difference.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Been holding off going to check it out. Spent allot on attachments this year already. I know it seems a good deal if it’s in great shape. May regret not getting it though. These tractors are more expensive than kids.

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
How much will it be next winter?

Thunder Fish

Equipment
ZL2202DT-M
Oct 21, 2017
100 Mile House BC,Canada
Just a heads up,we have about 320', of driveway with a 60x60 area behind the shop plus another 60' to the house living in British Columbia's interior,avg snow fall is 4-6' annually,I use my quad with a 6' blade 90% of the time,its faster than than my 5' 3pt blower unless its over a foot or heavy than the tractor and blower come out,just saying.

Reactions: 1 user

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
As much as I want this, I’ll have to pass. Christmas got in the way. 13 grand kids to spend Christmas on. Don’t know which cost more, tractor or grand kids.

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
When our first grandchild was born, my wife set a new personal best (for spending) at Target!

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
When our first grandchild was born, my wife set a new personal best (for spending) at Target!
I can believe that. After 1 years of her going nuts spending over $2 grand one year, had to pull that crap back real quick. Now it’s $100 per grand kid. But as usual, she always exceeds it.