Farm Credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Its interesting that so many things these days either have to have the label "racist" or "non-racist". What happened to just being able to have an adult conversation about serious topics and utilizing critical thinking skills. I'm old enough to remember a time when two people with completely different opinions could have a discussion and not call each other names or hurl insults at each other. Both people could walk away never agreeing with each other but also not hating each other.

It would be interesting if we could see what future anthropologists have to say about our civilizations and our behaviors that we exhibit today.
Yes... I know people like that; many of them. They didn't get brainwashed by Fox News and Rush.

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
Its interesting that so many things these days either have to have the label "racist" or "non-racist". What happened to just being able to have an adult conversation about serious topics and utilizing critical thinking skills. I'm old enough to remember a time when two people with completely different opinions could have a discussion and not call each other names or hurl insults at each other. Both people could walk away never agreeing with each other but also not hating each other.

It would be interesting if we could see what future anthropologists have to say about our civilizations and our behaviors that we exhibit today.
Agreed, but this policy of distributing tax money to individuals based on race is quite literally, racist.

In this case it’s wholly appropriate to define it so.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
The whole country is just upside down. Calling names doesn't do a thing. Fair is fair. But in todays social world racism. It is defentaly the get out of jail free card.
If anyone deserves a new holiday or restitution wouldn't that be American Indians ? I guess it depends how many generations the goverment wants to look back. Or who got screwed the most. I'd say the indians.
And on nightly news a couple nights ago. The AAGOA ....the african american gun owners association. The guy wearing a veterans tee said " Yes we as black americans like guns too' !!! lol
Hey were all Gods children and are created equal and should be treated that way.

Reactions: 1 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
A few decades ago I was captain of my company's private fire department for 11 years. We had to go to the Phoenix Fire Academy (and once Luke AFB's Fire Academy) for state certification in structural fire fighting and Hazmat Response, each once a year.
One of my firefighters was from the company security team, and a former US Marine. He was an extremely intelligent and incredibly fit individual. While at an academy training session, he put the rest of us fat old men to shame physically, and really impressed the Phoenix Battalion Chief instructors with his skill & decision making. Myself and this young man were invited to dinner that night by the instructors, they said they would love to have him on the Phoenix department, but that it could never be. He asked why, and they told him in no uncertain terms that he was white, blonde, blue-eyed, straight, self-supporting, and hard working. It was not they way they wanted it, but it was mandated by the city and EEOC.
Being the man he was, he took that as a challenge. He began college level schooling at night, and when the next testing session took place, he applied and was tested.
He was they only person ever to score 100% on the written, the physical, and the oral testing in the history of the Phoenix Fire Department.
He did not get hired. He applied and tested for seven years straight, and did not get hired.
He finally gave up and left the state, and I lost track of him.
The battalion chiefs told me that they had to accept "candidates" with an aggregate score of 35 points, out of a possible 300, because EEOC said so.
They city wasted millions (of my tax money) hiring people who would not qualify as garbage men, let alone firefighters.
Tell me that is not racism. (comment removed, don't want to get banned)
And don't try to tell me the department was racist- at that time, they had a dozen minority Captains, (including two women) a black Battalion Chief, and scores of minority fire fighters, long before EEOC came along. I worked with many of them on drills & pre-planning at the plant.

Another liberal, left wing idea that has worked out just great.

Reactions: 2 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
The federal government is being sued for this discriminatory practice. I hope the Plantiff wins. Racism has no place in our country. We are all men and women, all Americans.

Reactions: 3 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
This thread is a microcosm of our society today.
This country is doomed.
The people who want the great reset are going to win.
I wonder if this means we'll have to turn in our high capacity assault tractors?

Status
Not open for further replies.