Farm Credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
A customer stopped today to pick up some supplies. He said he had a Farm Credit loan for Bee, Maple and Firewood equipment. He said he received in the mail a letter that said Farm Credit had been ordered by President Biden to dissolve loans competely to individuals when family goes back two or three generations and were poor and suppressed.
He went to the Farm Credit office and spoke with his loan officer and explained his grand parents came to the USA learned english , worked in woolen mills his parents worked in shoe shops 80 hrs a week. They hunted for food to live. And he told her no family was poorer then his growing up.
The loan officer told him they are looking are families that didn't have the same opportunity's that your grand parents or parents had. He said my grand parents had to learn english. I guess I have no idea what your saying . Well she said the letter refers to individuals that were not like your grand parents but had less opportunity's. He finally said are you telling me I'm the wrong color skin to have my loan dissolved ?? That would be correct she said. He got up and left.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
erased

Last edited:

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
erased

Last edited:

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I still remember when @CaveCreekRay said nobody can stop what is going to happen. He mentioned this around October/November of 2019. Sure miss having Ray around here

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
All I can say is back in the 70s when the mines around here closed, I went to see those people and was told pretty much the same thing. So yeah it is what it is, and my family started out with squat when they got here too, but alas there were Irish

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
wont be long before this thread disappears too

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Yeah, I see you points. I sure do miss the old days. . .

when you could redline to keep minorities from getting mortgages in 'certain' areas.

when you didn't have to share your drinking fountain with black people.

When you had Jim Crow laws in place that kept minorities in their place because they couldn't vote.

before school segregation when you could underfund 'minority' schools and save $$$ for the town

when I didn't have to worry about running into 'inferiors' at hotels because the management was smart enough not to let them in.

when the better hospitals were 'white only'

when my country club could exclude blacks and jews

when professional athletics was a whiter shade

when college athletics was a whiter shade

when I could go to a nice restaurant and not have to worry some minority might be sitting at the next table.

when cops could beat up minorities with impunity.

when I didn't have to share the front half of the bus with, well, you know who.

when colleges could keep their enrollment 'pure'

when some minority person started raising a stink about some 'right' he thought he should have and I could get my hooded friends to beat the crap out of him or just lynch him.

yeah, you guys are right - I sure do miss the old days.

Reactions: 1 user

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine

when you could redline to keep minorities from getting mortgages in 'certain' areas.

When you had Jim Crow laws in place that kept minorities in their place because they couldn't vote.

before school segregation when you could underfund 'minority' schools and save $$$ for the town

when I didn't have to worry about running into 'inferiors' at hotels because the management was smart enough not to let them in.

when I could go to a nice restaurant and not have to worry some minority might be sitting at the next table.

when some minority person started raising a stink about some 'right' he thought he should have and I could get my hooded friends to beat the crap out of him or just lynch him.

So you agree that race based discrimination is wrong. And race based advantage is equally wrong because another race would suffer for it.

Reactions: 1 users

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC

So you’re cool with reinstating discrimination?

How very racist of you.

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
I bleed orange... will never have another color of tractor, and will never use another color of tractor; what does that make me??? :rolleyes:

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
I seriously doubt you are suffering because you are white. Cut me a break...
What does me being white have anything to do with anything you disgusting racist?

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
I bleed orange... will never have another color of tractor, and will never use another color of tractor; what does that make me??? :rolleyes:
It makes you a psycho racist

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
Its interesting that so many things these days either have to have the label "racist" or "non-racist". What happened to just being able to have an adult conversation about serious topics and utilizing critical thinking skills. I'm old enough to remember a time when two people with completely different opinions could have a discussion and not call each other names or hurl insults at each other. Both people could walk away never agreeing with each other but also not hating each other.

It would be interesting if we could see what future anthropologists have to say about our civilizations and our behaviors that we exhibit today.

Status
Not open for further replies.