Fan

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
did you unbolt the engine without a lift?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yup...just need to slide it forward a inch or so...just enough to slip out the drive shaft. Speaking of which... check and replace the boots on the driveshaft while you're in there.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
KUDOS to DustyRusty and eserv... YES. Buy LOCAL whenever possible.
Keep your neighbors employed and your local taxes low.
Also, avoids return shipping when theres an issue.

(Besides, ..what do you know about those guys in Timbuktu? And what do they care about you ..since youre just another number anyway?)

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't do Local dealers, for a couple reasons.

1: They are not really local, I've got one and half hour drive to one small dealer, and two and half hour to a larger dealer.
So not really local, and any shipping cost offsets my time, fuel and wear and tear costs.

2: Of the several times that I've tried to get parts from them they never have the parts or the price they want for the parts is 20% higher than Online kubota dealers like Coleman Equipment or Messicks so that doesn't make sense.

3: All of the dealers within 250 miles are owned by the same person/ persons so there is no competition for them and because of that they sell for top dollar, tractor and implement prices are MSRP or very close to that.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I don't do Local dealers, for a couple reasons.

1: They are not really local, I've got one and half hour drive to one small dealer, and two and half hour to a larger dealer.
So not really local, and any shipping cost offsets my time, fuel and wear and tear costs.

2: Of the several times that I've tried to get parts from them they never have the parts or the price they want for the parts is 20% higher than Online kubota dealers like Coleman Equipment or Messicks so that doesn't make sense.

3: All of the dealers within 250 miles are owned by the same person/ persons so there is no competition for them and because of that they sell for top dollar, tractor and implement prices are MSRP or very close to that.
Kinda similar:

The dealer I bought the tractor from is an hour+ away. Haven't been back since.

I drive right by a very small place to/from work. I do get ALL my service stuff from them. I find they are in line with Coleman or Messick's...no shipping, so $$ ahead.

Not proud of it and never thought I would say it, but most any other parts are bought on-line. :eek:

Trust me, I get what Geohorn, Dusty and eserv are saying. I do support them to the extent I can..... :eek:

FrozenInTime

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 25, 2015
ND
Ordered fan from dealer in town (30 minute one way drive). They ordered it and held it for me no problem. I was in no hurry, took me a couple weeks to find the time to go to town. Sat on my workbench till today, amazing just how big that honey-do list is... LOL Today, jacked up/used jack stands front/rear and did the deed. I'm slow, have artyritus so took me about 4 hours but I could see it easily taking 2 hours if my hands would co-operate. Tested, everything works great, did not bugger up much.... LOL WARNING... don't use too long of a small pipe to turn driveshaft to access all the bolts, I did.. dingy... broke the fan shroud. Got lucky, did not hit the radiator fan nor radiator. After my shower this afternoon, I went on BXExpaned website and ordered the under armor. I'm not moving my tractor out of the shop if I can help it until it arrives and I install it. The fan is cheap, changing it is a big pain in the arse for an old phart. Well, might have to put loader on to move snow.... got over 18 inches of the white cwap so far and still falling.... grrrrrrr but that's it... no other work until new plate is installed.

Watched 2 videos to make sure I did it right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWnecX3a9-Q
And:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HavQfu-uvbY
I did not drill the hole but was real tempted while my fingers were saying eff off old phart... LOL

Last edited: