Fabricating a wrench

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I think everyone now and then has to make some kind of tool. I know I have on many occasions. Yesterday I decided to repair a small weep I've had on my old forklift. The leak has been there sine i restored the old girl but before I could attempt to repair it I needed to make a 95mm wrench so here are the steps I went through to get'er done.

Steps included making a pattern. Transferring the pattern to some 3/8th plate and between the irionworker,plasma cutter and milling machine I got it done. I can see a use for a plasma table so I'll have to look into one of them next. Here's how it turned out.

Attachments

Rust Addict

Equipment
B6000E
Jan 2, 2010
Sidney, Maine, USA
That is a WICKED nice wrench! You could hang it up in the office.
The few homemade tools I've made are just too ugly to in keep in sight after there done. I'm ususally the only one who knows that they are not scrap junk metal.

Is the Toyata back in top condition?

Wildfire

Equipment
That is a WICKED nice wrench! You could hang it up in the office.
The few homemade tools I've made are just too ugly to in keep in sight after there done. I'm ususally the only one who knows that they are not scrap junk metal.

Is the Toyata back in top condition?

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed seeing the wrench. Like yourself I've made plenty of home made tools and I think I still use all of them once in awhile. As for the old Toyota. I'm happy with the way it turned out. It was a lot of work and the only thing I never completed was the lift cylinder I made the wrench for. Appreciate your comments. Thanks :)

Here's a video on the Toyota fork lift :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t41VdsrEiQ0

Before:

After:

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
Very nice job on the forklift, and wrench.

That is the first forklift I have ever seen that has dual exhaust.

Robert

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
wildefire; thats first class restoration on that forlift. u have the talent to buil ur self an airplane. u know that flying is mankinds SECOND greatest thrill.
u ask what is the first and u probly won,t beleive this . landing
LRP

Wildfire

Equipment
wildefire; thats first class restoration on that forlift. u have the talent to buil ur self an airplane. u know that flying is mankinds SECOND greatest thrill.
u ask what is the first and u probly won,t beleive this . landing
LRP
Thanks guys. Man don't mention airplanes around my house. I've been contemplating building one now for five years or more but Mrs. Wildfire just dont get as excited as I do about it :( Ya landing is a nice thrill :D