extra lighting

beekeeper

Sep 21, 2013
Nova Scotia , Canada
I am getting a new L3800 HST and I want to know what type of extra lights you all recommend ? like a brand and wattage etc.. Also where is the best mounting locations ?

I will need RED lights as well for when I am moving Bees with my tractor.

Thanks
Ben

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I would go with LED lights. They are really bright and draw less power so you can put more lights on. You can go onto Amazon or Ebay. There is also some good websites that strictly deal in these type of lights. I have bought some from www.superbrightleds.com and have had really good luck with them. Look at some of the post here on this site by Wildfire. He has added a lot of lights to his tractor and made some good videos showing how he did it.

mike-o

Equipment
BX25D, 60" MMM, Land Pride 48"Box Blade
Jul 27, 2013
SW PA
I am getting a new L3800 HST and I want to know what type of extra lights you all recommend ? like a brand and wattage etc.. Also where is the best mounting locations ?

I will need RED lights as well for when I am moving Bees with my tractor.

Thanks
Ben
I put these on my BX-2D, mounted to the ROPS, 2 forward facing & 2 rear facing. I used a piece of flat stock and U-bolts to mount them.

http://www.amazon.com/LED-LIGHTS-Sq...id=1380761046&sr=8-2&keywords=tuff+led+lights

Don't know if they have red lights or not.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I put these on my BX-2D, mounted to the ROPS, 2 forward facing & 2 rear facing. I used a piece of flat stock and U-bolts to mount them.

http://www.amazon.com/LED-LIGHTS-Sq...id=1380761046&sr=8-2&keywords=tuff+led+lights

Don't know if they have red lights or not.
beekeeper,

I am with Mike-O - those are fantastic lights, seem pricey till you get them, then you will see night turned into light! They really are that good - I mounted mine to a piece of aluminum channel to hide the wires on the under side of my ROPS. Here is a picture of them on at night.

Attachments

beekeeper

Sep 21, 2013
Nova Scotia , Canada
Thanks

Those are nice lights , I wonder if I can get red covers for over them ?

I might give my local automotive places a call and see if they can supply me with a similar product with a red lens and put 2 clear on with them when I am not moving my bees.

I like Led lights ,and the fact that they draw less amps is great too.
I do believe that the tractor has a 40 amp charging system .

Ben

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My bee keeping friend, perhaps you might think about a set of tail lights like off a trailer, mounted on like these guys have done on the ROPS they could be seen both ways, and would work on a blinker most times included in the package,, check harbor freight ,, My bee boxes are empty and most burned when the barn went up at Dads, we had a very nasty time with the mites, and lost most all of our hives,, I started a nuke 3 years ago busted up my knee and never got to winterize them,, yup lost them too.. Best to you, and how long do you get for the honey flow up there?

beekeeper

Sep 21, 2013
Nova Scotia , Canada
Honey/nectar flow is over, supers are all of as of first week of September , in order for them to back fill the brood nest, cuts down on feeding that way.

I only have 40 hives for now, I ordered 100 packages from New Zealand at a price of 159.00 each canadian. since the border closure, we can only import from Australia and New Zealand .

The lights can also be Amber.
I have a local source that sells Grote products
http://www.grote.com/America/

But I have yet to find red or amber lights , maybe I can get covers for over them or something ?

Ben

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ben are you guys using the Italian strain or using a Russian queen and some what of a cross for the workers. We got our nukes from down south, and the post office would go nuts when ever we had an order come in
Im thinking a lot has changed since we were into it we only had 27 boxes, and what started out as a hobby turned in to a full time job for Pap when he retired,,lol