Experience with King Kutter?

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
I realize Land Pride is better, but it looks like I could get a 72" King Kutter (Tractor Supply, Rural King etc.) blade for about half as much as a 72" Land Pride. From what I have seen, they are US made and appear to be of of decent quality. Plus, it's a blade so there's no moving parts and less to go wrong.. The blade would mainly be used for plowing snow on a ~250' driveway.

Only downside would be a LP quick attach possibly not working, but without trying I am not sure. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I bought a KK Box Blade and Post Hole Digger and I have been very happy with them.

I bought them through Rural King, but picked them up at the factory to save on shipping. But then the factory is only 6 miles away. :)

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Well built ugly welds crappy paint inexpensive. Works for me.

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
I realize Land Pride is better, but it looks like I could get a 72" King Kutter (Tractor Supply, Rural King etc.) blade for about half as much as a 72" Land Pride. From what I have seen, they are US made and appear to be of of decent quality. Plus, it's a blade so there's no moving parts and less to go wrong.. The blade would mainly be used for plowing snow on a ~250' driveway.

Only downside would be a LP quick attach possibly not working, but without trying I am not sure. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks.
I've had the same dilemma, but if the thing is garbage 5 years from now, are you really saving half?

I think I'd just rather wait and get a good one and be done with it

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Here's what happened with my 6' TSC blade. The little Ford was using it for snow removal during the last snow. There were only a couple of welds that had any penetration. It's amazing that it lasted for several years before the post ripped off. Repairing it was the first project for the welding table.

Attachments

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
got a King Kutter bush hog & been using a King Kutter all gear drive tiller....

both have been good pieces of equipment so far.

BOTH hooked right up to my Land Pride QuickHitch with no problems or changes.

Cobraone

Equipment
B2650, G1800 FWS, B2782B snow blower, RC48G20 mower deck
Jan 27, 2018
Boyne City, Michigan
Worst factory welds I’ve seen, is this made in the USA? Amazing it lasted you two years
Looks like you’re set up for a quick repair, imagine if you were a customer with no welding abilities.

Ironman2

Equipment
L185 or L1501, tiller, brush mower
Aug 28, 2018
Warburg, AB, Canada
Worst factory welds I’ve seen, is this made in the USA? Amazing it lasted you two years
Looks like you’re set up for a quick repair, imagine if you were a customer with no welding abilities.
I buy as much Chinese as I can, this has been my experience with much touted American made. Last experience was with a terrible American valve spring compressor.

The exception is the older American made goods and precision machines from the 60's and 70's. They cannot be beat for quality, fit and finish.

Maybe if we had not seen good quality, this would be acceptable, but my son's first attempts at welding surpassed those in your picture. That's a horrible weld.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I buy as much Chinese as I can, this has been my experience with much touted American made. Last experience was with a terrible American valve spring compressor.

The exception is the older American made goods and precision machines from the 60's and 70's. They cannot be beat for quality, fit and finish.

Maybe if we had not seen good quality, this would be acceptable, but my son's first attempts at welding surpassed those in your picture. That's a horrible weld.
Ironman, not sure that would even qualify as a weld. Just a melting of a welding rod!

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
The factory welds LOOKED fine till they let loose. I didn't enjoy having breakage, but I did love being able to wheel the table out and glue it back together. I did add a piece of 1/4" plate over the T joint of the blade's frame for some reinforcement.

The short piece of angle with the straightedge clamped to it in the second picture was clamped to the flat top plate to tack things up. That allowed measurements to be taken to ensure the blade would be parallel to the plate. The work was done with the blade clamped as shown, which eliminated using a level to check it.

With the exception of the wheels and floor locks, the table is made from odds and ends pieces from the scrap pile at work.

Attachments