EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
was it 14 weeks before they delivered it????
No, but it will likely be 14 weeks before I get my grader scraper and quick hitch. Fwiw, I was prepared to pay for it up front and wait months to ensure I could get a tractor this year. The supply issues really are that bad from all I’m hearing.

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
Part of the reason I went with an MTL grapple. Way cheaper, little heavier. I could have bought 3 MTL grapples for the price of one EA. Was delivered following week from ordering. The weight difference wasn't a make or break for me.

Reactions: 2 users

davidmem

Equipment
Soon to be owner of Kubota B2601 Toro TimeCutter Model 7577
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Part of the reason I went with an MTL grapple. Way cheaper, little heavier. I could have bought 3 MTL grapples for the price of one EA. Was delivered following week from ordering. The weight difference wasn't a make or break for me.
I've thought about that, but on a b2601 the weight difference maybe noticeable wouldn't you think?

angrymatt

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, SCR1860, BX42 Chipper, Grade Scraper, PL1242 Forks, 60" Pusher
Sep 4, 2020
NH
Its not that uncommon to have to pay upfront for made to order items. Right now the market on tractor stuff is crazy and supply is limited. If you look at made to order firearms you pay the balance up front and wait. Its sux but credit card protections help make it safer. Ive been burned before but if its something you want you are stuck following what they want. With custom gun smithing not only do you pay up front but they have your firearm. To each there own.

Reactions: 3 users

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I purchased a MTL Attachments 60” twin lid compact vertical grapple for $999 delivered, less than half the price of a wicked 55” single lid. EA makes great products and the Wicked 55” is a great option for light weight needs at 239 lbs but my twin lid was only 360 lbs, weight was not so critical for my L3901.

I think the current shortages and back orders are just the sign of the times, hopefully supply will eventually catch up with all things.

Reactions: 5 users

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
It would be nice if someone’s word or handshake still meant something, and it still does in most cases. But all it takes is to get burned one time, and all that goes out the window. I haven’t had problems so much with businesses, but some people that I thought of as friends have burned me more than I ever thought would. Needless to say fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
It would be nice if someone’s word or handshake still meant something, and it still does in most cases. But all it takes is to get burned one time, and all that goes out the window. I haven’t had problems so much with businesses, but some people that I thought of as friends have burned me more than I ever thought would. Needless to say fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
I don't mind if they put a reserve on the credit card, that's more than the handshake that's my obligation. But they want to actually charge the credit card That's the part that I think's ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 user

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
You generally have 60 days to dispute a charge on your credit card statement, so definitely keep that in mind if you’re approaching that date while awaiting your delivery. I have an order in with EA myself (never had any issues before with them), and have a few days before the 60 day mark to pop up a reminder on my phone to log a dispute (if even needed) with my credit card company.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I just can't get over the 14 weeks to deliver...., dang than 3+ MONTHS.. that's mid JULY.... heckuva lonnnng time to twiddles thumbs waiting for a part to arrive....how much work will you lose for the domino effect. Can't grapple NOW, so land isn't cleared, house addtion not built, inlaws can't move in 4th of July.....
If I needed a grapple and none were in stock, or REASONABLE time, I'd goto the fabshop, make my own, maybe take a week,they ain't 'rocket science'.

Reactions: 1 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
TLDR but:

If they tell me its going to be 6 weeks, I'm totally fine with it. However long it takes dude.

If I pay, they don't tell me, and it takes 6 weeks, I'd be totally pissed and barking at them like hell.

Just MHO

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
You generally have 60 days to dispute a charge on your credit card statement, so definitely keep that in mind if you’re approaching that date while awaiting your delivery.
Exactly

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
That’s nearly four months they’re sitting on your money. IDC what anybody says, I’d buy some other brand. Screw them.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I think they are making them as fast as they can. I am sure lead times change and are probably starting to go up right now. A winter order would probably have a turn around time much quicker than a Spring and Summer order. Right now, everyone is thinking about buying a grapple (or starting to think about it) and want one for warm weather projects. If you are thinking about ordering, NOW would be the time. I ordered mine on June 19, 2019, and the person I talked to made it very clear that they it would be several weeks as they had several orders already. I had not big plans for it at the time, I just wanted to go ahead and buy one though. It still arrived much earlier than I was expecting.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I purchased a MTL Attachments 60” twin lid compact vertical grapple for $999 delivered, less than half the price of a wicked 55” single lid. ... my twin lid was only 360 lbs, weight was not so critical for my L3901.
WOW! I am seriously regretting my purchase from Artillian right now, that is an incredible value! The Artillian grapple, with twin lids, weighs 330 pounds, and costs ($3,000) THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS! Which is why I went with single lid because I couldn't justify the money for double. I should just sell this thing and get the MTL instead of buying another artillian lid for an additional $1,200.

Reactions: 3 users

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Ultimately it is their game (EA’s), if you know the rules going in, you either except their rules and let them have the money up front or find some other company and play by their rules. We as consumers vote with our wallets, but rarely do we get to set the rules.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have a Wicked 60" grapple and an 84" Severe XTreme Duty box blade on order from EA and like everyone else put both on a credit card when I placed the order. I could really use both implements now but will just have to wait. The fact that they have my money for months doesn't bother me at all. It's not costing me anything unless that money would have been earning interest in one way or another. As it is, I get 2% cash back for something I needed to buy anyway, and arguably get a better a product than the equivalent Land Pride models.

JDP

Equipment
L4701
Dec 15, 2020
Nebraska
I've thought about that, but on a b2601 the weight difference maybe noticeable wouldn't you think?
Not sure which MTL grapple you are looking at. The MTL HD 60" root grapple is 15lbs. lighter the the 60" wicked grapple.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Not sure which MTL grapple you are looking at. The MTL HD 60" root grapple is 15lbs. lighter the the 60" wicked grapple.
This is the grapple by MTL that I was thinking of, but it weighs twice what the wicked 55 inch weighs and twice what the land pride weighs. I'm a total newbie but everyone is saying weight matters . My guess is this is too much weight on a B2601 . Read one post where a user with an L-series and The MTL grapple shown, thought the weight was noticeable. Just don't know don't have experience yet.

Last edited:

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I don't think it is as much a material supply issue as it is a skilled labor and high amount of orders issue. I placed my order for a disc harrow for my B3200 about 4 weeks ago. They were very quick to reach out with an email response as well as a couple phone calls to let me know they were 8-10 weeks out. They also told me that they had just added another shift and hired 4 new welders/fabrication people to work that shift. They estimated 4wks to get them fully trained and have that second shift running . He told me they have material but were slammed with orders in 2020 and are having issues finding skilled labor to help build.

Would I have liked 50% up front and 50% upon delivery? Yes, but I saved up to buy this so it went on the Visa and I paid it off in full last week. If they do fold, like others say, Visa gives me my money back. I could have gone to my local Kubota dealer for a LP, but they did not have the size I wanted in stock (8-12wk wait) and they were almost twice the cost. I checked TSC, RK and others in my area. No availability for 8-12wks.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Anyone that pays for an item prior to being shipped, is a fool. Too many business's used this model of selling prior to going bankrupt, and you just become one more of the long list of creditors. One more reason to deal with a reputable company. I would worry less about a company like Land Pride going under than a company that says the equipment has to be paid for in advance, and it will take 14 weeks to get it. That tells me that they don't have the money to pay for raw materials in the manufacturing of the item, and they need your money to get the materials, and possibly to fund employees pay checks.
I guess I'm a fool then, but even if I am, EA seems to have been in business for a long time.

They don't sell to dealers so they're probably a "just in time" manufacturer which is smart and something that many manufacturing industries are trying to move to. Imagine the challenge of trying to buy material when the price is low, but not getting stuck with a bunch of material when orders slow down.

Years in Business: 75
Business Started: 1/1/1946
Business Started Locally: 1/1/1946
Business Incorporated: 7/18/2007 in NC, USA
Type of Entity: Corporation
Number of Employees: 38
Alternate Business Name
T C Corriher Implement Co., Inc.
Everythingattachments.com

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users