Everything Attachments - Bankrupt?

Jim’sMX

Equipment
MX5100
Dec 19, 2023
W-S NC
I was fortunate to have a friend with several skid steer attachments, so I got to demo a long bottom grapple and fork grapple. The long bottom grapple was useful, but felt cumbersome due to the weight. I liked the fork grapple for moving brush and logs, but it is awkward trying to pick rounds. I preferred the fork grapple and bought it from him. I am also getting the Homestead 55 root grapple because I have to clean brush and cut up trees out of 2000’ of a drainage swale. I don’t think there’s a one size fits all grapple. Each style has advantages and you have to figure out what works best for the majority of work you do. Good luck with your decision.

Reactions: 2 users

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
I was fortunate to have a friend with several skid steer attachments, so I got to demo a long bottom grapple and fork grapple. The long bottom grapple was useful, but felt cumbersome due to the weight. I liked the fork grapple for moving brush and logs, but it is awkward trying to pick rounds. I preferred the fork grapple and bought it from him. I am also getting the Homestead 55 root grapple because I have to clean brush and cut up trees out of 2000’ of a drainage swale. I don’t think there’s a one size fits all grapple. Each style has advantages and you have to figure out what works best for the majority of work you do. Good luck with your decision.
Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to respond & share your experiences w me. This is exactly the type of feedback that is critical to guys like me who are just beginning to learn the many things a tractor can be used for on a country property.

Dusty71

Equipment
SCAG Tiger Cat 2
Apr 7, 2023
Warrenton, VA
I have an EA 55" that I have an extra horizontal bar welded in near the bottom to shear off the vines and thin roots.
The long or short bottom tines more a personal preference as both will work. I like the short bottom root rake style as I find it more useful in ripping out.
The one thing that I have found to be worth the money is the serrations on the tines as it helps hold very large loads from slipping. Attached is the photo of the mod I did to my grapple it really works well for what I use it for.
Daferris, that is really a sweet set up. I like the addition you made & was bummed out when EA filed for bankruptcy.

According to a few of their last few videos - what you’ve done to your grapple was exactly the same additions / upgrades they were going to start adding to their grapples - for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Well done Sir.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I ended up paying for mine. Forget but think it was $75+- Not sure if it was a limited time but it's too late now. However It probably would not be too hard to duplicate I have a 4"+- piece left over that I could send you a drawing of if you want to pm me your email. Should not be too hard to get a bit of AR 400-AR450 to make it up with. As I recall each section is only about 8-9" long. The cutting has to be done with a plasma cutter is the only issue but in short sections it's not that tough to do.
PM sent. Thanks!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
laser or water jet is the how you can easily cut AR400 steel as it's mighty tough.
The concern with AR400/AR450 is changing the material properties due to the heat from cutting. That's why most steel target manufacturers will use a water jet or laser cutting process. The concern is a change to the toughness and impact resistance in the region around the cut. The same goes for welding of AR400/AR450.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
So when are they going to have an equipment auction ?

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
it is a slow process but once a trustee is appointed, they move fairly fast..change locks, do physical inventory.Now If you can become an 'overseer' or what ever the real term is for the trustee, you'll make $50 per phone call. Since everything is on computer,I'd expect 3 months from when trustee is appointed . THAT paperwork should be online.....As a nonsecured creditor, I got hard copy/ it'll be interesting to see if any of the prepaid clients get informed ! They should of course.....

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
it is a slow process but once a trustee is appointed, they move fairly fast..change locks, do physical inventory.Now If you can become an 'overseer' or what ever the real term is for the trustee, you'll make $50 per phone call. Since everything is on computer,I'd expect 3 months from when trustee is appointed . THAT paperwork should be online.....As a nonsecured creditor, I got hard copy/ it'll be interesting to see if any of the prepaid clients get informed ! They should of course.....
So......what do YOU REALLY know,......about North Carolina, USA, bankruptcy court procedures?
Just maybe.......NOTHING?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
well, fill us in on the details, like what happened in court on Monday ? post the link !!!
post a link as to what are the North Carolina, USA, bankruptcy court procedures ,so we can follow it.
Maybe provide an active link to the current cases that EA is party to ?

from what I've read online, the bank has 'attached' claim to the inventory, so doubtful there will be an auction. However if 'fried' can post the current inventory and it's value, we can easily see if ANYTHING will be left over from EA owing the bank close to 10 million, and of course the $110K in taxes(plus interest...)

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
If we can free Brittany, why can’t we free Peanut?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
If we can free Brittany, why can’t we free Peanut?
One was a very tall pot smoker, the other...not so much. apparently. :ROFLMAO:

No comment on the main topic of this thread other than to say that I've purchased two EA attachments for the tractor. They are of exceptional quality and I do hope that another supplier will step in to offer quality built attachments in the future. I did also get some replacement parts for them just in case...glad I did.

Carry on.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
This is the guide I used for welding and cutting the stuff.... Scroll down to the welding download. I can't attach the direct link from my phone. https://www.ssab.com/en-us/brands-a...m2TQRM46_mc6FRkzf3i_FVjK4Cn0WpBUaAhouEALw_wcB
I spent the last 45 minutes there before I saw your post.

I asked originally because from 1990 to '95 I was a fitter/weldor in a shop (Lincoln Hydraulics and Equipment) that was a warranty repair center for Hemsheidt longwall coal mining equipment. Some of the components were HardOx 400 & 500 while the balance was ASTM A514. The OEM did direct us to respect the preheat and interpass restrictions but didn't bat an eye at oxy/fuel cutting... hence my question regarding plasma.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
This is the guide I used for welding and cutting the stuff.... Scroll down to the welding download. I can't attach the direct link from my phone. https://www.ssab.com/en-us/brands-a...m2TQRM46_mc6FRkzf3i_FVjK4Cn0WpBUaAhouEALw_wcB
From that welding guide ....

I worked for years as a welder in the construction, diving and fabricating industries, even built the set for the Waterworld movie, passed numerous tests and certifications, but I never saw another welder who looked like this! The movie Flashdance implied that there were some very hot welders but I never saw any.

1709235983821.png

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Heat control is a big deal with Hardox and other tough steels.

" Excessive heat input increases the width of the heat affected zone (HAZ), which in turn impairs the mechanical properties as well as the wear resistance of the HAZ. Welding with low heat input provides benefits such as increased wear resistance of the HAZ, decreased distortion (single-pass welded joints), increased toughness of the joint and increased strength of the joint."

This applies to cutting too, and that's why the safe way is to use colder cutting methods. A water jet with a slurry for example, and maybe wire EDM would be good too.