Everything Attachments - Bankrupt?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Yup. 100%. Hit this morning.
It will be interesting to hear what the time lag between paying and receiving is.

No doubt a bunch of members here will not be purchasing from Homestead given their pay up front policy, which is/was supposedly unique to Everything Attachments.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It will be interesting to hear what the time lag between paying and receiving is.

No doubt a bunch of members here will not be purchasing from Homestead given their pay up front policy, which is/was supposedly unique to Everything Attachments.
Pay in advance and wait a couple weeks is not unusual. Pay in advance and wait 8 months is very unique.

I just ordered a commercial gas range from AJ Madison last Wednesday. They called me immediately to tell me the range was ready to ship immediately but the optional high back I wanted was backordered by the manufacturer and would be delayed 3-4 weeks. They gave me 3 options:

1) Cancel the order in full or in part
2) Take immediate delivery of the range and wait for the back guard.
3) Have them hold the range and ship complete.

I opted for #2 and I just put the pallet forks on the tractor because the truck with the range will be here today. My bank card was billed the full amount so AJM has the $900 cost of the backguard and I am trusting they will ship it in a timely fashion. Pretty sure l I am goung to get it and AJM is not running a pyramid scheme.

EAs practices were nothing like that.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
dang, now I'm real curious to see what $900 buys for a 'backguard' for a range !!!
Scroll to the right in the options list:

Dan

wp6529

Equipment
B7100DT
Oct 31, 2023
TX
Scroll to the right in the options list:

Dan
Heck of a savings if you need the LP version.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
dang I could heat my whole house...6 burners + oven !!!
just have 'sticker shock' for the 3' wide SS with a shelf.....
I'm Dutch by osmosis...:)

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Heck of a savings if you need the LP version.
Uep - its a clearance price. I have been holding off buying until the upcoming kitchen remodel gets started but the price forced my hand. Its going to replace this 33 year old freestanding Garland so with the help of a couple strong lads I can swap them out easily enough. But cant do that without the high backguard - heat output is too great to set it against an exposed flammable wall..

Dan

17086268651991760286608549589936.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So far all we are hearing about are the civil claims. I am wondering if there will be criminal charges filed next. Attempting to shift ownership to family members to protect assets is a criminal activity when it is done immediately before or during a bankruptcy filing. With state criminal charges and convictions, you have a chance of parole, but with federal sentencing, if the judge gives you 10 years, you will serve the full 10 years. Bankruptcy is a federal proceeding in federal courts. Just lying to a Federal agent can get you 3 years in a federal prison. Don't believe me, then ask Marth Stuart.
There is no confirmed bankruptcy filings.
So he can sell and manipulate to his hearts content, or until a judge / court says stop.

Reactions: 1 user

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Uep - its a clearance price. I have been holding off buying until the upcoming kitchen remodel gets started but the price forced my hand. Its going to replace this 33 year old freestanding Garland so with the help of a couple strong lads I can swap them out easily enough. But cant do that without the high backguard - heat output is too great to set it against an exposed flammable wall..

Dan

View attachment 122852
That is a serious looking setup!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Pay in advance and wait a couple weeks is not unusual. Pay in advance and wait 8 months is very unique.
We'll see how long @The Evil Twin has to wait.

As I said in an earlier post that was deleted by a moderator, you can pay a few thousand for a suppressor and have to wait for up to a year before you're allowed to pick it up. That's a common occurrence and FFL/SOTs have been known to go out of business during the waiting period. I don't know what the protocol would be in that situation in terms of any NFA inventory but it would suck for the customer.

When I sold the MX6000 open station, the buyer wasn't going to move to Montana for four or five months. He paid me $36k or thereabouts and I had his money and the tractor for many months after that. Talk about trust. Turns out that he shorted me $100 when he paid for the tire chains. One of the notes was counterfeit and I never noticed, but the bank teller sure did! In his defense I doubt that he realized either.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

EAs practices were nothing like that.

Dan
I know that many here were not a fan of EA's pay up front policy, but it never bothered me since they were until recently in good standing. No one reported any issues other than long lead times and the products had a well deserved reputation for quality.

There's a lot of information out there re payment up front, progressive invoicing and traditional invoicing. I realize that the business experts here with their multimillion dollar companies do everything better, but there are many, many examples where customers assume much if not all of the risk and pay large sums of money up front with the expectation of getting what they paid for.

Just one example is paying a contractor to build a house or do some renovation. Many will expect 1/3 down before the job starts and that can be tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan

Just for reference, I ordered a Homestead Pinnacle BB on 04-22-22 and it was in my driveway on, or about, 06-20-22.

Edit: I opted for their "drop it, and go" delivery method.

Last edited:

hdflame

Equipment
RK 37, Everything Attachments Land Plane, Hydraulic Scrape Blade on order
Feb 22, 2024
Sanford
This is for real! I paid for a hydraulic scrape blade last Oct with a projected delivery date of Feb 2024. I started trying to get a status update and after multiple attempts did some online searching and found that they are indeed in trouble not only with the bank but also owing back taxes. They charged my Mastercard over $6,000. I just got off the phone with the bank. I have to go by in the morning to sign paperwork to make a claim. I wish it wasn't true because I'd REALLY like to have the scrape blade. They make awesome implements. I have one of their land planes.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
As I said in an earlier post that was deleted by a moderator, you can pay a few thousand for a suppressor and have to wait for up to a year before you're allowed to pick it up. That's a common occurrence and FFL/SOTs have been known to go out of business during the waiting period. I don't know what the protocol would be in that situation in terms of any NFA inventory but it would suck for the customer.
Guilty as charged. :(
I can be a deleting jerk. :oops:

I had a friend that did exactly what you stated, he bought a suppressor and the Holding FFL when out of business, he was contacted before they when out of business and was informed that it would be transferred to another FFL and I think the waiting period stayed the same.

I really need to get me a couple of those!
But first I need to find a good AR-10!

hdflame

Equipment
RK 37, Everything Attachments Land Plane, Hydraulic Scrape Blade on order
Feb 22, 2024
Sanford
“Dang.”..?? You might be one of the luckiest guys around with regard to this saga.
Be glad you found out BEFORE you ordered! I just filed a claim on my Mastercard for charge of over $6,000!! Ordered last Oct and was given a 4 month delivery time. Started checking online searches after calling today and getting a message "Mailbox Full"!
Here's a link to a news story:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
This is for real! I paid for a hydraulic scrape blade last Oct with a projected delivery date of Feb 2024. I started trying to get a status update and after multiple attempts did some online searching and found that they are indeed in trouble not only with the bank but also owing back taxes. They charged my Mastercard over $6,000. I just got off the phone with the bank. I have to go by in the morning to sign paperwork to make a claim. I wish it wasn't true because I'd REALLY like to have the scrape blade. They make awesome implements. I have one of their land planes.
I hope you get it resolved and get all of your money back. I'd like a hydraulic rear blade such as the Land Pride RBT3596. They're around $4,750 up here. I should never have sold the RB3796 that I bought new for $1,750. It didn't have hydraulics but it was set up for hydraulics if desired.

rh74

Equipment
LX2610, LA535, BH77, LX2980, RB1672, BB2560, PFL1242
Feb 17, 2024
Hoosick Falls, NY
I know that many here were not a fan of EA's pay up front policy, but it never bothered me since they were until recently in good standing. No one reported any issues other than long lead times and the products had a well deserved reputation for quality.

There's a lot of information out there re payment up front, progressive invoicing and traditional invoicing. I realize that the business experts here with their multimillion dollar companies do everything better, but there are many, many examples where customers assume much if not all of the risk and pay large sums of money up front with the expectation of getting what they paid for.

Just one example is paying a contractor to build a house or do some renovation. Many will expect 1/3 down before the job starts and that can be tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars.
As a business owner/contractor, your comparison is way off. Tractor attachments are not custom and can be sold to someone else after it has been built. Building a home or remodeling one is truly custom. Once the work is started it can't be taken back or sold to someone else. The next important thing you missed is that the work is done with a contract and a pay schedule. The amount of the down payment is negotiated if the owner is paying without using a lender. 1/3 down is not normal and shouldn't be accepted by the owner. If a lender is involved, they dictate the pay schedule amounts. The contractor doesn't get paid until they have met the milestones defined in the contract. If a lender is involved they require a third party inspection to verify the milestone has been meet. Then because a contract is involved the contractor can be held on civil and criminal charges.

I'm sorry but no real business (big or small) takes full payment for something without delivering the goods or services. For example take your tractor in for repair, do you pay them in full before they start the work? I don't think so nor will they ask you to.

Trying to justify the pay in full for something that might be delivered in the future is just nuts and why people got scammed.

Reactions: 3 users