Error code 024 SVL 75-2

javapoppa

Equipment
SVL-75
Oct 20, 2020
Georgia
I have error code 024 on my 2017 SVL 75-2 that will not clear. This code causes a throttle restriction that limits me to idle power. I have had this code previously but it was caused by rodents chewing through the wire adjacent to the hydraulic tank; splicing the wire cleared the problem. We have been spraying with a rodent repellent and this time we can find no evidence of rodent activity under the cab. All wires appear intact. Dealer says hydraulic temp sensor is detecting some kind of fault which isn't very helpful. Any suggestions?

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I have error code 024 on my 2017 SVL 75-2 that will not clear. This code causes a throttle restriction that limits me to idle power. I have had this code previously but it was caused by rodents chewing through the wire adjacent to the hydraulic tank; splicing the wire cleared the problem. We have been spraying with a rodent repellent and this time we can find no evidence of rodent activity under the cab. All wires appear intact. Dealer says hydraulic temp sensor is detecting some kind of fault which isn't very helpful. Any suggestions?
Here are the diagnostic pages from the WSM.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

javapoppa

Equipment
SVL-75
Oct 20, 2020
Georgia
Thanks Whitetiger. Will post what I find out.
Pulled the panel in front of the hydraulic tank to get at the hydraulic temp sensor and found a four inch segment of the cable to the sensor chewed up by rodents. Cable was spliced and taped and all operations returned to normal. This is the second time I have incurred this type of damage and in talking to other Kubota operators it seems to be quite common. I know Kubota won the Tasty Wire lawsuit that was filed to get the company to assume some liability for using organic insulation on the wires but they really should be working toward some kind of solution for this [roblem. We have been spraying the machine with a rodent repellent on a regular basis and setting out baits and traps around the machine but nothing seems to work.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Things get bad when you have to spray rodent repellent on your track loader, I have the same model SVL 75-2 , I'll get out my traps and poison with the cold weather setting in. I just had my Cadillac CTS at the dealership they said a rodent had chewed through the cabin air filter and had a winter store of stuff that had fallen down in the fan area. Maybe there are just too many, rats, chipmunks, squirrels & mice!

TommyBoy ATL

Equipment
Kubota SVL-75
Apr 1, 2021
Roswell, GA
Pulled the panel in front of the hydraulic tank to get at the hydraulic temp sensor and found a four inch segment of the cable to the sensor chewed up by rodents. Cable was spliced and taped and all operations returned to normal. This is the second time I have incurred this type of damage and in talking to other Kubota operators it seems to be quite common. I know Kubota won the Tasty Wire lawsuit that was filed to get the company to assume some liability for using organic insulation on the wires but they really should be working toward some kind of solution for this [roblem. We have been spraying the machine with a rodent repellent on a regular basis and setting out baits and traps around the machine but nothing seems to work.
Me 2. My little fuzzy friends did not leave me much room to splice.
Thanks for the post.
It helped me a lot to pin point the my problem.

Attachments

FCRanch

Equipment
SV75-2
Apr 19, 2021
Central Texas
So I've got the same error code. Where exactly is this panel in front of the oil tank.? Inside the cab on the floor? I've searched and searched and can't find a pic or description that shows were the sensor is. My manual conveniently leaves out error code 024.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
So I've got the same error code. Where exactly is this panel in front of the oil tank.? Inside the cab on the floor? I've searched and searched and can't find a pic or description that shows were the sensor is. My manual conveniently leaves out error code 024.
you have to lift the cab from the front of the machine. Remove 2 bolts in front floor. Look how to lift cab in operator manual.