Engine swap

docwatson

Nov 20, 2012
Picayune MS Usa
I have a good Kubota three cylinder engine. It is a model 1403. I want to put it in a Kubota L245DT tractor. I see the front differential bolts directly to the engine block unlike the tractor I have it in now, which uses some metal plates along the side of the engine block to mount the front differential. Does anyone here know if the engine will bolt up to the L245DT front differential?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have a good Kubota three cylinder engine. It is a model 1403. I want to put it in a Kubota L245DT tractor. I see the front differential bolts directly to the engine block unlike the tractor I have it in now, which uses some metal plates along the side of the engine block to mount the front differential. Does anyone here know if the engine will bolt up to the L245DT front differential?
Technically the front axle bolts to the oil pan not the block, if you have both engines there, see if you can swap pans (might also need to swap oil pickup tube if compatible.
There is also other things that will very possibly kill the swap, like the drive for the hydraulic pump.
Check all all possible dimensions like flywheel bolting on (check for alignment off all the holes, install all bolts by hand, if they bind the flywheel is not in the right position) , and bell housing.

Last edited: