Engine shutdown issue

aribert

Equipment
L295DT
Dec 10, 2018
Metro Detroit, MI, USA
L295DT, I am only able to stop the engine using the compression release. How is it supposed to shut off-with the ignition switch? If so, where might I find the fuel shut off (solinoid?)? I'm trying to fix a few minor issues before putting it up for sale.

cviola2005

Jun 8, 2016
Clarkrange, TN, USA
L295DT, I am only able to stop the engine using the compression release. How is it supposed to shut off-with the ignition switch? If so, where might I find the fuel shut off (solinoid?)? I'm trying to fix a few minor issues before putting it up for sale.
I don't think the L295 came with a fuel shutoff solenoid, but if it did, it would be mounted directly to the block behind the fuel injection pump, above the hydraulic pump, under the intake manifold. If it has one, it will have 2 wires and a standard molex connector about 5 inches away from the solenoid body.

That engine series should have a manual shutoff lever on the side of the block directly out from the injection pump.

Edit: Actually that engine should have one single lever for throttle and shutdown. Push the hand throttle lever all the way to idle and check for a small pin or lever that releases the throttle lever to allow the linkage to go beyond idle setting.

Last edited:

Gillie Dog

Equipment
L2501 HST, FEL, Forks Attachment, Harrow Disc, etc.
Dec 12, 2018
Southern California
Check this video. Shows shut down his model L295DT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6hyrSNnpmQ

GD

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
That's in interesting video. He has a "DT"....double tractor! Don't be misled it's actually "dual traction" or 4 wheel drive, or 4x4.

His tractor also has a "gas petal" even though it uses diesel.

The fuel shut off lever is on the right side, near the transmission
. You pull to shut off the fuel. When you shut off the fuel the engine will quit whether you have the key off or not (contrary to the video).

Gillie Dog

Equipment
L2501 HST, FEL, Forks Attachment, Harrow Disc, etc.
Dec 12, 2018
Southern California
That's in interesting video. He has a "DT"....double tractor! Don't be misled it's actually "dual traction" or 4 wheel drive, or 4x4.

His tractor also has a "gas petal" even though it uses diesel.

The fuel shut off lever is on the right side, near the transmission
. You pull to shut off the fuel. When you shut off the fuel the engine will quit whether you have the key off or not (contrary to the video).
Agreed, some marginal/misinformation in video which needs to be weeded out by the viewer.:( It did show the "throttle" lever and shut down for the model without the separate shut down lever plate and knob other models have.:) Hope it helps the OP.

GD

aribert

Equipment
L295DT
Dec 10, 2018
Metro Detroit, MI, USA
Thank you all for your replies. I actually looked at the shut off lever yesterday, before asking my question, and since it was linked with the hand accelerator lever and foot pedal, I wondered why would Kuboto have a second hand throttle - especially one that was so ackwquard to actuate. I tried it this afternoon and it works quite good as a shut off lever when I pulled up on it.