Electrical probs, B7100

HighSierra79

Equipment
B7100d, M6800 w/FEL, 7' mower, 7' box blade, 42" LP tiller, 5' rake
Sep 1, 2013
MO
Going thru some wiring the other night, then decided to check the fuses. Fuses OK, but connectors were corroded. Cleaned them, so now my horn works, and glow plug lamp illuminates. Now, tractor won't start, meter doesn't work. I had no issues at all with the engine or major electrical before this.

I didn't change any existing wiring under the dash or change leads. Just cleaned the fuse connectors, now I've got problems. Any ideas???

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
the best thing to do now would be to get a meter and checkout the circuits one at a time and work back from there.
Just a case of eliminating single sections that test ok.
just a small break or dirty contact will stop everthing on a given circuit.

rob

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do you mean it won't crank?
There is only a couple of things that could have happened, and there is only one safety switch on the clutch pedal.
Power comes from the battery to the starter solenoid, then back to the key switch then out to the clutch safety switch then out to the starter solenoid.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Start at fuse box with your replacement fuses.

Confirm absolutely they are good.

You may have energized a previously dead circuit had bad wiring and shorted elsewhere.

Look for fusible link.

Look for safety switch now energized and perhaps not functioning.

Confirm battery voltage good and chassis ground good and clean: energizing glow plugs may have pulled battery down or you may have created short allowing GPs to stay on continuously.

You need a decent inexpensive analog (needle-type) multimeter and a wiring diagram. Patience will be your friend as you sort this out.

Please post back and advise how you proceed and what you determine so we may all learn.

lourod

Equipment
b7100d 215 loader b7100 1620 loader 4520 backhoe
May 18, 2013
reading pa.
Go back to connector plug .When you fixed one another might of came off happen to me.