Electric wiring - M8200 Narrow

domaineberrien

Equipment
Kubota M8200 Narrow
Mar 18, 2016
Michigan
I have a Kubota 8200 Narrow - I need to run wiring for my spray controls and two electric (DC) hyd. cyclinders from two switches - one for each. I have made a connection in the ROPS cab (roof area) to the 15 amp circuit for the rear wiper - hot when the ignition is on!

I am losing volts at the Hyd Cylinder - 12.4 volts inactive - down to 9 volts activated on one cylinder and 12.4 volts down to 3 volts on the other. This is too much! When hooked directly to the battery - everything is good! Tractor is not running while I do this.

When running the is also a voltage drop - but since we are starting at 14.3 volts - it is not a factor.

The voltage drop is the factor!

Where is the best place to get a power lead for these accessories? The roof area is the best for access and streamline wiring sine these items are only used 20% of the time.

Any advise?

Wally

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You should just run a new power feed line from the battery. ;)

Your voltage loss is because the wiring is too small and is getting hot. :eek:

domaineberrien

Equipment
Kubota M8200 Narrow
Mar 18, 2016
Michigan
Thanks for the advise!

Small wire? - the stock tractor wiring that I am hooking to in the rear wiper circuit is too small?

I can change easy the wiring size on the leads that run to the cylinders.

I am having trouble finding a good way to get t he wiring from the battery up to the roof area where my switches are for the cylinders?

Have any advise on running a new hot lead to the roof? or a better spot to tap to in the existing wiring in the roof?

Wally

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes the feed wire and the wiper wire are probably both too small.

Follow the wiring threw the cab and chase a heavy wire #10 back to the battery and put a 30 amp fuse before it goes threw the cab.