EA Wicked 55" Grapple upgrade free if you bought a grapple within the last year

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
They added a serrated plate on the bottom tines next to the tube there. If you got the grapple in the last year they will send it for the cost of packing and shipping. If your like me and it was just over a year.... Missed it by 3 weeks it is $39 plus shipping.
Still a heck of a deal. It's shipped as 1 long 5' piece.

I'm posting this for anyone that hasn't gotten the email from EA yet and is getting close to the 1 year mark on their grapple. Should not be a big deal to weld it on once it comes.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
Thanks for the heads up! I was telling my buddy about EA's upgrade just the other day. I had no clue they were offering to ship out the upgrade.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
That's damn cool of them! If you have the talent, cutting the strip into pieces and welding in is not bad. At $39 that is probably their cost of the steel.

Reactions: 1 user

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Thought I would post what you get from EA for the serrated plate to weld to the grapple.
As expected it one piece that you need to cut to fit the spacing of your grapple (probably in case a tine is tweaked or just welded a bit different than the others).
Going to wait till the snow to go away and warm up a bit before welding it in. Not sure if the bandsaw will cut hardox or if the plasma cutter is the better option.
I expect the easy part is welding it on. Cutting it into the 9" sections probably will be the hardest part of the job.
Took 10 day from the order to it showing up at the house. That's pretty quick in my book.

Attachments

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I mentioned this upgrade in another thread last week and called EA earlier this week to ask about a similar upgrade for the Wicked 60 and 66. According to the person I spoke with no upgrade is planned at this time which is disappointing. It would be an easy add on for anyone with a welder and half decent welding skills.

But looking at your posts above, if it's shipped as a 5' long piece of steel I can cut and fit it myself it's odd that the CS person didn't mention this. Hard to find good help I guess. I'll call them back and order the 5' piece, or maybe two if 5' isn't enough.

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
Just placed the order : $42.54. Great move from a great company

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I wonder if my JBWeld will hold it in place? :p

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I mentioned this upgrade in another thread last week and called EA earlier this week to ask about a similar upgrade for the Wicked 60 and 66. According to the person I spoke with no upgrade is planned at this time which is disappointing. It would be an easy add on for anyone with a welder and half decent welding skills.

But looking at your posts above, if it's shipped as a 5' long piece of steel I can cut and fit it myself it's odd that the CS person didn't mention this. Hard to find good help I guess. I'll call them back and order the 5' piece, or maybe two if 5' isn't enough.
That's what I would suggest My grapple was just over a year old so I paid full price and it was about $68 bucks I would think that even for Montana you could get 2 strips for about $100 or so shipped....
Then you would a some left for another project or maybe to stick on the lid???

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Just placed the order : $42.54. Great move from a great company
I'm an EA fan for sure with a grapple, land leveler, box blade and bolt on cutting edge from them, but I'll be annoyed if they won't sell me a 55" piece of steel. I called again this morning, and just as @Daferris said, I was told that this deal is currently only available to owners of Wicked 55 grapples. Everyone's out today so I'll call back next week.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That's what I would suggest My grapple was just over a year old so I paid full price and it was about $68 bucks I would think that even for Montana you could get 2 strips for about $100 or so shipped....
Then you would a some left for another project or maybe to stick on the lid???
Hopefully I can talk with Ted next week and convince him to do that. The person I spoke with today was fairly sure that it's a special deal and there's little chance of them sending out some steel. He mentioned a couple of times that an order number for the 55 was required but I don't really understand the logic here. A sale is a sale unless they're taking a loss on this piece of steel, or as @The Evil Twin said they're selling it as cost, which they might be given how cheap the upgrade is.

I'd be ok with a generic upgrade kit that nets them their standard profit if that's the only way to get this piece of Hardox 450.

Anyway, very good thread @Daferris so thanks for posting and for the photos. (y)

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
I'm an EA fan for sure with a grapple, land leveler, box blade and bolt on cutting edge from them, but I'll be annoyed if they won't sell me a 55" piece of steel. I called again this morning, and just as @Daferris said, I was told that this deal is currently only available to owners of Wicked 55 grapples. Everyone's out today so I'll call back next week.
That would annoy/frustrate me as well. Hopefully you get through to someone who can help you out.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Perhaps a polite email to Ted and or Travis mentioning the items you have bought might help... I can't imagine why it's not possible to accommodate what you want to do....
Dave

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Perhaps a polite email to Ted and or Travis mentioning the items you have bought might help... I can't imagine why it's not possible to accommodate what you want to do....
Dave
I forgot to add to the list the 1,020lb of tractor weights I bought last fall and the boom pole I bought from their sister company! :ROFLMAO: Yep, I've spent a fair amount of money with them.

Yes, I'll try an email. I've corresponded with Travis in the past and he's a good guy. Regardless of how it turns out, Everything Attachments is still a great company and my go to for most implements. They are unique in the industry in terms of their videos, testing, transparency with walk through videos, constant improvements, desire to employ US labor and materials where possible, accessibility, support etc. Truly an awesome company!

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I forgot to add to the list the 1,020lb of tractor weights I bought last fall and the boom pole I bought from their sister company! :ROFLMAO: Yep, I've spent a fair amount of money with them.

Yes, I'll try an email. I've corresponded with Travis in the past and he's a good guy. Regardless of how it turns out, Everything Attachments is still a great company and my go to for most implements. They are unique in the industry in terms of their videos, testing, transparency with walk through videos, constant improvements, desire to employ US labor and materials where possible, accessibility, support etc. Truly an awesome company!
Good attitude to have. Some folks would get all bent up over a $50 item and trash talk. Not that I would expect that of you.
Even if they can't accommodate you now (production or material constraints) maybe they could in the future.
(y)

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
Mine was ordered on the 8th and shipped out on the 15th. It looks like it's taking a round about way through FLA on it's way to PA. Doesn't surprise me with Fed-EX.........lol

$42.40 delivered

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
FedEx and UPS are merging. The new company is going to be called Fed Up for the very reason that you have posted about!

• Haha

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Looking for opinions and constructive feedback on where to weld in the add on tooth bar between the grapple tines.
In a nutshell I am going thru my woods as time permits to bring out all the dead and or fallen trees, As well as widen the existing deer paths to make some walking trails. So I can enjoy the woods more than I do now (and hold down the poison Ivy).

The options are... 1). to weld the bars against the round bar and point it down at an angle roughly following the angle of the back of the tines. The Pro is since it could also be welded to the bar as well as at the ends where the bar meets the tines. The con is that this would be higher off the ground thus limiting somewhat the functional value for what I want to do.
Option 2). Weld the bar parallel to the bottom of the grapple about 3/4 to 1" off the bottom. The pro is this would more effectively cut/tear the brush, vines and roots out of the ground. The con is that because it can only be welded at the ends where the bar meets the tines. The bar would be much more likely to get bent.
The bar is 3/8" thick 1-1/2" wide Hardox 450 steel. Also it's about 8-1/2" between the tines so the bar sections will be fairly short

What are the suggestions from the group? I have thought about getting a 5' EA Extreme duty landscape rake. But I am not sure I would be able to maneuver thru the woods with the added length to the tractor.
I am trying extremely hard not to remove any more of the new growth trees than I have to. I also do not want to cut down any old growth trees that are healthy.

Thanks for any and all ideas.
Dave

Attachments