Drop hitch for tractor?

Rob 80

Equipment
B2650 HSD
May 9, 2016
WVA
Do they make drop hitches for tractors? I'm trying to hook up a small implement and the hitch on a B2650 is to high would be great if it was adjustable.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Either make your own, or get a 3 point hitch and then you can put any hitch you want on it. ;)

Rob 80

Equipment
B2650 HSD
May 9, 2016
WVA
Either make your own, or get a 3 point hitch and then you can put any hitch you want on it. ;)
Do they not have a drop hitch that replaces the stock Drawbar Hitch? I see it comes off with one pin. Adding a 3 point hitch would work but i would need to buy two things instead of one.

BTW can the 2650 lower the MMM and not the 3 point?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do they not have a drop hitch that replaces the stock Drawbar Hitch? I see it comes off with one pin. Adding a 3 point hitch would work but i would need to buy two things instead of one.

BTW can the 2650 lower the MMM and not the 3 point?
No, They do not make a draw bar drop hitch.

No, You can not drop the MMM without dropping the 3 Point.

Yes, that will work.

Last edited:

Kestrel

Equipment
2007 B3030 LA 403 Land Pride RCR1260, SB1064, PD-15,RB1572,FSP500
Nov 3, 2015
Ipswich MA
I have a similar 3 pt hitch attachment though mine is triangular. Makes its really simple to hook up and adjust height having it move with hydraulics. Lots easier than hooking up the truck. Cost about $90. Some come with a small ball welded above 2 in receiver slot also

DBCSteve

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL, box scraper, Artillian forks & grapple, GR 2120 mower
Jul 23, 2011
Snohomish, WA
Do they make drop hitches for tractors? I'm trying to hook up a small implement and the hitch on a B2650 is to high would be great if it was adjustable.
Based on earlier responses it sounds like you want just one simple attachment. Depending on the tongue weight of what you want to tow, one approach is to weld up a simple ball mount of the correct height that you could bolt below the tow bar (could be welded and stacked 2 inch square tubing). In my opinion that would be the cheapest and most simple solution if you have welding skills and it is a light trailer and load. Another approach is to convert the hitch on your implement to a pin setup at the correct height to match the Kubota tow bar, which is what my father in law did for his log splitter. Depends on whether the tractor/trailer is the only combo (i.e. depends on whether you will tow the trailer with something in addition to the Kubota).

Last edited:

Rob 80

Equipment
B2650 HSD
May 9, 2016
WVA
Based on earlier responses it sounds like you want just one simple attachment. Depending on the tongue weight of what you want to tow, one approach is to weld up a simple ball mount of the correct height that you could bolt below the tow bar (could be welded and stacked 2 inch square tubing). In my opinion that would be the cheapest and most simple solution if you have welding skills and it is a light trailer and load. Another approach is to convert the hitch on your implement to a pin setup at the correct height to match the Kubota tow bar, which is what my father in law did for his log splitter. Depends on whether the tractor/trailer is the only combo (i.e. depends on whether you will tow the trailer with something in addition to the Kubota).
I thought about doing that but i don't have a welder. I still find it strange they don't make a drop tow bar hitch. It comes off with one pin.

It's a small grass sweeper

Last edited:

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Do a google search for "offset drawbar". Many out there for sale for different makes of tractors usually listed with the thickness width and length. I bet if you measured yours you could find one that would work or at least you could easily modify.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ummmm... You can turn the hitch over on the sweeper side. :rolleyes:

Remove the two bolts and swap the top for the bottom plate and bottom for the top plate.
TADDA, drop hitch.;)

And if you need it to drop more than that, use longer bolts and some spacers in between the top plate and the hitch frame.

Last edited:

Rob 80

Equipment
B2650 HSD
May 9, 2016
WVA
Ummmm... You can turn the hitch over on the sweeper side. :rolleyes:

Remove the two bolts and swap the top for the bottom plate and bottom for the top plate.
TADDA, drop hitch.;)

And if you need it to drop more than that, use longer bolts and some spacers in between the top plate and the hitch frame.
I thought of that but it's still not down far enough but it will give me something to work with if i use spacers, i remember seeing them at tractor supply. My old lawn mowers hitch was only a few inches from the ground.

Do they make grass sweepers for larger tractors?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I thought of that but it's still not down far enough but it will give me something to work with if i use spacers, i remember seeing them at tractor supply. My old lawn mowers hitch was only a few inches from the ground.

Do they make grass sweepers for larger tractors?
Yes they make larger models, is the you have wide enough for what you need?
If it is there is no reason that you can't make that work.

If you can't find anyone local to make you the proper drop for the hitch (sweeper side), send me a PM and I'll make it for you. ;)