draft control\pto over ride

scubads

Equipment
l2550
Apr 13, 2013
Oakland Twp. PA
Hi Guys, I just upgraded from an old ford 801 tractor to a used Kubota
L2550. It came with a massey furguson mf 1017 backhoe and a kubota loader. The tractor does not have a draft control lever but has a place for the lever. How hard is it to put a draft control on this tractor? Also the backhoe is pto driven and I have not taken it off yet. How can I tell if the tractor has live pto and if it has an over ride clutch? Thanks

scubads

Equipment
l2550
Apr 13, 2013
Oakland Twp. PA
Thanks Eric, as it turns out I have a dual cluch and it has an over ride clutch on the pto....I'm going to call my local dealer about getting a draft control. It looks like it shouldn't be to bad to add one.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'm not sure if draft control can be a dealer add on. I think it was something the factory installed. Let us know if the dealer can do it.

scubads

Equipment
l2550
Apr 13, 2013
Oakland Twp. PA
Well after checking with a few dealers I found out that it "was" an add on part that is not made any longer. However I did find the part used for $350.00 on the net. Looks like its just takes 3 bolts and a few o rings. I'm not sure if its worth the money. I'll bet I can just get by with chains...

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
What do you mean by "chains" On a side note for a way to cheat see if you can put a small C clamp at the position you want to lift arm to stop at for the 3pt. I know some of the older tractors the lever that raises and lowers the 3pt may have a little wiggle room to put a clamp on.