DPF Emulator, Legal in U.S.?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I have always enjoyed Neal Messicks’ videos and especially thought well of his presentations because they predominately give good solid info.
I also believe that purchasing genuine Kubota filters are provender and haven’t seen a huge price savings on using other brands anyway.
But in the video posted above (Thank You Skeets) has piqued my ire a bit because I detect some Bovine Fecal Matter in his statement “ in our shop...we have seen tens of thousands of dollars in Blown Engines” from using a NAPA cross-referenced filter.

I can see a case of clogged injectors or failure to run properly and such but really... a “Blown” engine from dirty fuel? ... that cost “tens of thousands of dollars?”....

I’m calling BS on that until they can give names/dates and copies of invoices and/or denied warranties specifically in such instances

Reactions: 1 users

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
Here's the thing, emissions seem like they are 20 years behind, reliability and efficiency wise. Many frustrating stories of how they impact diesel engines. I'm referring mostly to trucking and farmers, they are the largest test beds for longevity. All the advances in efficiency were knocked back years when they introduced half-baked emissions as mandates. What fails all the time? It's not the engine. It's no wonder tools show up to remove the problem.

Reactions: 1 user

Chuck_no_emissons

Equipment
Svl95-2s mulching, HWY protester remover LLC, and other stuff
Sep 22, 2021
Oklahoma
What are your opinions on CAN bus emulator for Kubota?
I haven’t used can bus but mine is delete.
It’s government overreach at its Finest. If they are going to force this crap on we the people they need to pay us for every hour we’re broke down!

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I'm thinking there's no DPF on choochoo engines ?
it is based on the manufacture date of the engine in question. Many of the old EMD's are being repaired and put back into service for this very reason. They were dirty old leakers but strong. My dad retired from the UP, machinest, did a lot of the power assembly repairs, swapouts, and in the last few years did nothing but turbocharger work for the EMD stuff. 645's mostly.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I probably have a few
The B.S. I was calling was in reference to his claim that the use of a NAPA filter was the cause of ”tens of thousands of dollars” of blown engines. His statement was that a NAPA “cross referenced” filter was the cause…. Perhaps he meant that an IMPROPERly referenced filter was used…. (such as an oil filter used in the fuel system instead of a fuel filter)…. But in any case, I don’t believe a correct NAPA filter (NAPA filters are made by WIX and are high quality) would be the cause of “tens of thousands of dollars” in blown engines.

1badDart

Sep 7, 2021
W. KY.
The 19 M6060 I bought about a month ago has a DPF and has regened one time, it took about 10 minutes. If the system starts giving problems I'll look at removing it.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
"Our company doesnt resposible in any legal problems that groves with this decision."

:oops:
That quote kinda says all you need to know!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I find it interesting that this months old dormant thread was revived.
That happens when someone posts an irrelevant response to an old thread. ;)