Downsizing Newb

Speed25

Equipment
L2501(sold) - BX25D
Apr 23, 2024
NC
New here and I'm the rare guy opting for a smaller tractor. Sold my L2501 last week and am purchasing a used BX25D-1 as a replacement. I'm only on a hilly 1.5 acres, and the L did what I needed it for, so it's time for something more appropriate. I'm also ditching my Husqvarna mower and plan on putting a 54" mower deck on the BX. I've abused that poor little Huskie, but it's taken it like a champ. Towing my little 5x8 trailer around, aerating, mowing, etc. It's a wonder the K46 transaxle isn't toast.

For the most part, I'll be using the "new" tractor for mowing, but I'll use the loader for moving mulch and dirt around, along with keeping the woods clear of new saplings and such. The backhoe will see a bit more duty as we've got a number of natural springs feeding the neighbor's pond, so I'm planning on slowing digging those out to create a baby pond of our own. Expect me to end up in the BX Disasters thread at some point...

To keep up with the stupid theme, I'm buying it site unseen and having it shipped to me from a few states away. ~120 hours with full maintenance records and pictures look good (haha, I know). Stored inside. Crossing my fingers, but the deal was really good and not advertised anywhere.

I plan on adding a set of R4s (has turfs now), some belly/fan protection and a thumb out back. I enjoyed the Piranha tooth bar on my L, so I'll get one for this wee little beastie too. I'll see how she does from there.

Hopefully you guys can help me with a few other items once she shows up. She's coming with a BX5450 snowblower, a BX2763A plow/blade and the quickhitch for both. Being in the south, I don't need those, so I'll need some help on where to sell, and how much they're worth. It's also got a full Curtis hard cab with heat and most other features that will be coming off, so hopefully some northerners can give me some insight into the cabs as well.

Anyway, happy to be here, sorry for so many words...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I bought a BX25D in '13 - and I do not use it enough, 400 some hours, but with the bucket on the front and the hoe on the back, it is a perfect DO ALL machine, yes I have the 60 mmm off of it, simply because I do not need to cut grass with it - I have another Kubota for that.

Many here call it an overstuffed lawnmower - funny, this is one thing I did do with it right off the bat, I got rid of my high end "riding mower" - the BX is almost bullet proof, it does have a hiccup or two, those are easily fixed however. TO me it is the perfect machine for all around small acre work.

2013-08-10 13.07.11 - Copy.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Speed25

Equipment
L2501(sold) - BX25D
Apr 23, 2024
NC
Excellent, I'm pretty much needing an overstuffed lawnmower! I'm just missing the mower part of that equation, so I'll be on the lookout for a clean deck. I'd prefer the smaller 54" because of so many undulations in the ground. The less space between wheels/rollers, the less scalping I'll have to contend with.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I bought a BX25D in '13 - and I do not use it enough, 400 some hours, but with the bucket on the front and the hoe on the back, it is a perfect DO ALL machine, yes I have the 60 mmm off of it, simply because I do not need to cut grass with it - I have another Kubota for that.

Many here call it an overstuffed lawnmower - funny, this is one thing I did do with it right off the bat, I got rid of my high end "riding mower" - the BX is almost bullet proof, it does have a hiccup or two, those are easily fixed however. TO me it is the perfect machine for all around small acre work.

View attachment 126859
I bought a BX25D in 2016 and used it for 5 years before selling it to the manager of the local Kubota dealership! It was under-powered with too short of a wheelbase and certainly limited for my hilly 20 acre property, but I absolutely agree that it would be ideal on smaller, flatter properties.

I did a lot with that little tractor mowing, excavating, trenching, snow removal, grapple work etc., but after buying an MX6000 open station with the idea that I'd keep both, I realized that I simply wouldn't use the BX much in the future and so decided to part ways with it.

mx6000_bx25dlb_01.jpg

mx6000_bx25dlb_02.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Speed25

Equipment
L2501(sold) - BX25D
Apr 23, 2024
NC
My L2501 driving off with the new owner...

20240418_180244.jpg

BX25D should be delivered this coming Monday or Tuesday. I know you guys are suckers for pictures, so I'll post plenty once I get her cleaned up.

Reactions: 1 user