Don't know how many fans are on the board, but we lost an icon today...

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Leonard Nimoy passed away today at age 83.

As a long time fan of Trek and his other works, my heart just feels a bit heavier than usual. He was a rare class act in today's Hollywood.

He lived long and he prospered, and that's all any of us can ask for.

On to the next adventure!

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Spock was always my favorite as he was the most logical. Sorry to see him go.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
So much a part of the culture. I just came across this parody, from the '90's in living color...http://youtu.be/_oyzhuSQaz8

I also got to watch the star trek blooper reels, back in High school, even funnier.

It is amazing the number of things that were predicted, in the original series, that have come to be, in reality. Anybody got a communicator handy???:D

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Saw an recent interview with William Shatner and it profoundly moved my wife, who is dealing with a very ill mother.

He said he has observed that later in life, you are so consumed in keeping your head above water, health wise, that you can no longer enjoy relationships and the beauty all around us. It becomes self-consuming and, out of a need to survive, people are focused solely on themselves, as if driven inward, cutting ties to others. He professed still having the health and vitality that allows him the luxury of focusing on the good in life, the relationships that make life unique, rather than those last gasps for air.

While Nimoy's battle with heart disease lasted a decade or more, in his last tweet only a week ago, he thought about the relationships with his friends and fan base... and how immensely important those memories were to him.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

A class act by any standard.

"Mr Sulu, you have the bridge."

Last edited:

dmbe

Jan 29, 2015
Altoona, pa
I watched it every Friday night when I was a kid. Probably not saying a lot for my social life then but to me it was the best show on TV. He will be missed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk