Does Kubota require the purchace of their Insurance

StanStarr

Dec 28, 2015
Hood River Oregon
When using the Kubota Zero financing will I be expected to purchase Insurance at a premium? If so would it be better to go through my agent? What types of things should I cover myself for. What types of things might be Overinsured?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
When using the Kubota Zero financing will I be expected to purchase Insurance at a premium? If so would it be better to go through my agent? What types of things should I cover myself for. What types of things might be Overinsured?
If I am not mistaken, the Kubota ins. covers a lot of things, WHAT I am not sure of , let say you are hauling it during the 5th year, and it rolls off the trailer and totals the machine......

what do you get exactly back???? A new one, or value of old before it took the plunge !;) gonna guess the latter!:)

On the BX series if I recall correctly .....the ins was about 200 a year .....or 1K over the five of the note.

Kubota WILL mandate it - unless you can provide otherwise to their liking!:D

Bigshooter

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Nov 26, 2015
Minnesota
If I am not mistaken, the Kubota ins. covers a lot of things, WHAT I am not sure of , let say you are hauling it during the 5th year, and it rolls off the trailer and totals the machine......

what do you get exactly back???? A new one, or value of old before it took the plunge !;) gonna guess the latter!:)

On the BX series if I recall correctly .....the ins was about 200 a year .....or 1K over the five of the note.

Kubota WILL mandate it - unless you can provide otherwise to their liking!:D
I believe you get reimbursed market price for it OR original cost $$ towards a replacement.

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
When I bought mine in Sept I used the coverage on our homeowners as it covered all my other toys. For 10.00 more per 6 months it now covers everything off m land and while be trailered.

StanStarr

Dec 28, 2015
Hood River Oregon
I don't think I will be transporting it, taking it of property, except to service. There is a repair shop 1/2 a mile and the Dealership is 3 miles of mostly county roads for once a year mantaince. My land is relatively flat, 3 1/2 acers with 30 yard of ditch to get stuck in. Besides Theft what should I be worried about that is worth the $1000 plus price tag. I would bet that in my case the insurance premium is the real interest rate. Years ago I payed $800. for a used car insurance premium to cover the loan if I was injuried or lost my job and I do not want to make a similar mistake.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Kubota will require that you have insurance, but you are not required to take their insurance. When I bought my BX a year ago their insurance was about two dollars a month more than a rider on my home owners. I took the Kubota insurance because the shared driveway I maintain extends across a right of way on other private property and state land. My home owners would not cover off my property. The shared driveway has such low traffic to be a negligible risk, but 24 dollars a year is also negligible for the extra coverage.

mport

Equipment
2013 B3200 backhoe
May 9, 2014
ST. Clairsville OH
Kubota Ins. cost about $1.00 a thousand per month. My insurance agent looked over the policy and said he couldn't come close. Mine cost $28 dollars a month on a 2013 B3200 with backhoe.

BX25D KY

Equipment
BX25D
Sep 26, 2015
Ky.
Homeowners will only cover theft, fire or accident on my property. Very limited.

Kubota covers everything anywhere for life of the loan.

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
Homeowners will only cover theft, fire or accident on my property. Very limited.

Kubota covers everything anywhere for life of the loan.
That is not true. It depends on your policy. On mine for years it covered anything as long as it was on my land and I added a rider to it when I got my new tractor which covers me anywhere I take any of my toys. Even covers my dozer off property which includes hauling it on a trailer

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
We added a rider to our homeowners policy to specifically cover the tractor and anything attached to it at the time something bad may happen. Cost us an additional $59 per year and added $5 per year to our umbrella policy.

togfish

Equipment
Had L3130, now L3560
Jan 18, 2014
Virginia
I use mine at my business. I was skeptical at first, but the Kubota insurance came in at a lower price for better coverage. $250 deductible per occurrence, limit 3 per year. Anywhere, anybody (authorized by me) operating or transporting it. Full original purchase price for the duration of the finance agreement if it's a total loss. No insurance adjusters to deal with, dealer handles the whole claim process.