Does anyone know the differences in these 2 blades??

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
I had a yellow county line 7' blade that actually looked like the red sub compact blade you show.

I bent it with my B9200 with turf tires, just grading a driveway...granted it was on an angle and I was using it to pull up material into the center of the driveway...but an 1800lb tractor with turf tires shouldn't bend a well designed blade.

If you can find a used older blade, from Woods or otherwise, might be a better bang for your buck. Maybe your little BX will have better luck than me...but they just don't make things like they used to.

EZstreet

Equipment
L3901 HST
Sep 16, 2016
East Tennessee
http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-rear-blade-sub-compact?cm_vc=-10005

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/countyline-grader-blade-5-ft-w?cm_vc=IOPDP1

Both are 5ft, one says subcompact, one just says grader blade. I'm not knowledgeable enough yet to figure out which one i need for my BX2370. All i really need it for is smoothing out gravel in the driveway, pushing some small piles of dirt around, pushing snow, and just basic light dirt moving/smoothing/back dragging.
Looks one is CAT0 and the other is CAT1.

kris77

Jun 9, 2016
CA
So I remember reading somewhere that our bx tractors have a CAT 1 3PH on them, but it is limited in what attachments it can actually use. Which doesnt make sense to me. So when i'm looking for a blade, I need to look for CAT 1 blades correct? and i'm guessing 5ft is the size I need for my tractor? 6ft seems too wide and heavy for the scut and 4ft seems too small.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
I have a BX with a standard Cat 1 five foot blade.

The limitation is that with the blade beam level, a good part of the BX lift distance is already used up to reach the lower hitch pins.

An ideal BX blade would be a Cat 1 with the hitch maybe 4 inches lower when level.

----------------------
A blade should be sized so that it is at least as wide as the tractor when angled. For a 45 degree angle, multiply the blade width by 0.7 to find the angled width. (0.7 is not exact but is very close, and easy to remember) Sixty inch blade is 42in angled, same as BX width.

Bruce

Last edited:

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
The biggest difference is the weight. In my opinion you should get the heaviest blade that your tractor can work with. But in reality the weight of the blade is tied to the construction of the blade. If you will be using it as you described either one will work. Heavier work will require a sturdier blade.
Your BX may require more expensive one unfortunately.
Can you see how they are attached? I'm not sure but perhaps that is one of the differences.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I had a blade similar to the red one, that I bought used with my new BX2370. It worked fine for snow removal, but just bounced across the driveway when grading. I replaced it with a used 250 pound Land Pride RB1560. The RB1560 works great for moving snow and grading a crown in the driveway. A 5 ft blade is the right size for a BX. A 6 ft blade would be a little big for grading and a 4 ft blade angled would not be as wide as the tractor.

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
I had a 5ft blade but let it go after discovering I could maintain my millings drive just as well with my landscape rake.