Doctor should have been more specific

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Tore a ligament in the knee. Orthopedist orders MRI with a five day waiting list, then 3 more days for office appointment. Who knows when surgery. He put on a hinged brace and said I can do limited walking and some minor bending.
He didn't say I could not use the tractor. Great thing about a sub compact B is that it is only one step up with plenty of hand holds and you can slide off the seat to the ground with just a little work.
The rain yesterday washed out the lower driveway and the ruts would be trouble for the kids and UPS.
It looks great now after some front plow work.
Bad news. The clutch with a geared tractor means a lot of shifting forward/reverse/stopping. Not going to tell doc but man this knee is rather swollen and hurts like the dickens.
Did I mention the driveway looks good !!!!!
Spending the rest of the day in the recliner with some ice.

Reactions: 4 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Had a right hand injury at work, doc there made a semi hard 'plastic' restraint to keep hand 'up and back' towards top of lower arm..... when he said I was 'good to go'.. I said 'carve a big round notch near my palm'. Puzzled doctor. Then I said ' I drive a JEEP and need to grab onto the stick shift'. He didn't understand but carved away......
Must have been one of those 'automatic only' doctors........

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Suffered with colitis for years and finally had to have my bowel removed, lot's of stitches that I had removed too soon and while talking on the phone with a friend I sneezed harder than I had ever sneezed before and blew out all my stitches front and rear. After a trip to the ER and nothing they could do they set up home appointments with VON. At first they were coming twice a day then down to once a day after it started to heal, never did understand why they couldn't staple or sew me back up again but who was I to argue. Well work doesn't go away just because your hurt so after a month or so laying in bed I couldn't take it and longer and my tractor needed to be serviced so what the heck I crawled under it and started to drain the fluids. To say the least it was bad timing. While I was under it in drives this middle aged 4 foot something Tasmanian devil with one huge attitude and she made me realize that when a guy decides to do something like that he has to be a lot smarter and a whole lot sneaker. To this day every morning and night I still thank God (am I still aloud to say that) that I'm married to the awesome little woman I'm married to. Hope you heal up soon my friend and try to be a little, ok a lot smarter then I was, all the best brother.

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Been there with the knee. Completely ruptured left ACL a few years a few years back. A good brace doesn’t solve very thing but it will at least keep you from landing on your butt every other step. The swelling is worse than the pain. Once it swells, it’s hard to get it back down.

I can’t say much. I was back driving a 6 speed manual daily driver up until surgery to replace the ACL and returned to the clutch months before the doctor approved. But… you got to keep the swelling down. Elevate when you can. There’s a balance between pushing it to rehab it when it’s time for that and the swelling getting out of control delaying the process and causing more problems.

Not saying to sit on your ass and cry in your beer, but take care of yourself.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I tend to shrug injuries off and keep going leading to the occasional smack down from my wife 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Came home with a foot that was more black then blue 😬😬😬😬 wife didn't know about it till I got ready for bed 😂🤣😂🤣😂 I got a pretty good butt chewing.

If it needs to get done, I'll figure it out. I might pay for it later 🙄🙄🙄🙄

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Your age is important.

If you're older than 40, healing takes time.
If you're older than 50, healing takes a long long long time.
If you're older than 60, healing takes forever, and you might die before the pain stops! It's time to buy a hydrostatic tractor.

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
Your age is important.

If you're older than 60, healing takes forever, and you might die before the pain stops! It's time to buy a hydrostatic tractor.
Not sure a hydro will do it. I have a hydrostatic and after I'm out plowing snow, my right knee hurts because I push on the pedal thinking that it will push the snow better lol

Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Your age is important.

Ain't that the truth.
My children do not want the property so once the grandkid moves on I will be finding a place with way less upkeep. If the B decides to quit before I move I will pay to have the nice lawn mowed, the driveway plowed and let the rest go back to nature.