Doc Kubota videos... gone or... browser issue?

glenintenn

Equipment
L4600 mower, yardbox, seeder
Apr 12, 2020
East Tennessee
wondered if everyone else is seeing blanks sections in this thread for the Doc Kubota video series? Is there a plugin needed for browser to see the videos? (using Chrome)

I can't post the URL to the thread right now because I'm new to the forum but the thread link has this in the URL...

kubota-diesel-engine-maintenance

glenintenn

Equipment
Apr 12, 2020
East Tennessee
PM'd you as the forum blocks newbs from posting URLs... "Doc Kubota" may be a forum designation for the person in the videos. Anyway, I have an L4600 diesel and wanted to get the low down on Kubota diesel maintenance...

glenintenn

Equipment
Apr 12, 2020
East Tennessee
Thanks for the link.

In this thread I was looking for the videos for practical tips on Kubota diesel maintenance.

I did post a separate thread about the Workshop Service Manual and electrical diagrams. I have the printed copy of the Owner's Manual from the previous owner but was trying to collect everything now while I'm thinking about it instead of in the middle of a repair or breakdown.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
From the kubota books, at the top this might help some.
All-tractors General WSM.pdf

Otherwise, the L4400 was the previous model and that one is listed.

I bought the WSM for my tractor but everything I've needed so far was in the manual.

Oh, and yes, the videos are gone...

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The YouTube videos appear to have been removed.

glenintenn

Equipment
Apr 12, 2020
East Tennessee
I wrote to Deen Kubota in TX to see if they remember them and are willing to resurface somehow/somewhere. One of the Deens is still in charge of the company so I assume he would be familiar with the "Doc Kubota" videos...let's see.

I mean, it's "101" stuff so not worth much more effort. Originally thought it was just some known trick of the forum to see the videos.

Thanks for replies.

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Where at? On this site or youtube?

Pretty sure Kubota (the tractor company) would NOT like someone using their trademarked name for their own use... (just a guess, he might have gotten an order to stop using the name). Only a guess...

Found the link..

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/2011/02/kubota-diesel-engine-maintenance/
Not sure how Kubota could trade mark a relatively common name in Japan.

Not as common as Smith is here, but common enough that we know at least one Japanese family with the surname Kubota...:)

Good guess though...;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Doc Kubota was a Member / Poster on ssbtractor.com forum.

I looks like he quit posting both videos, and forum questions so something like, him passing, could have wiped out his youtube account.

Or he just got tired of dealing with it, it's a lot of work trying to stay ahead of everything, and decided to delete everything.

The videos linked on here are Service department Vic, Him and Mr. K were the founding members and are the owners of this forum. ;)

There is no Cheap or Free WSM for the L4400 so you will need to get one from a dealer of off ebay.
Don't fall pray to anyone offering a cheap copy of it on PDF as it will be a fake.

Last edited:

glenintenn

Equipment
Apr 12, 2020
East Tennessee
Ordered a hard copy off of ebay. Pictures looked good. Let's see about the authenticity.

Some vendors on ebay seem to have visited Kinkos-Fedex with an original.

Jlillie

Equipment
B7300/backhoe-RTV900-G6200H-K008-3 :non orange:Takeuchi TB25
Oct 20, 2009
Williamstown, MA, USA
I was kind of surprised to see that the YouTube channel is active, but all of the videos are gone.
I was just using one as a reference the other day, and when I went looking for it, I noticed that the channel had zero videos. Anyone have any idea what happened?
Edit: Also it lists me here as a new member? ;-). I joined 1/28/2014, just what do you have to do to be considered seasoned?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I was kind of surprised to see that the YouTube channel is active, but all of the videos are gone.
I was just using one as a reference the other day, and when I went looking for it, I noticed that the channel had zero videos. Anyone have any idea what happened?
Edit: Also it lists me here as a new member? ;-). I joined 1/28/2014, just what do you have to do to be considered seasoned?
My guess it is based on the number of post you have made.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Most recent post, prior to yours today,..... was 3 years ago!
OTT membership info shows you actually joined..... October 20, 2009.