Do you ever feel like you get too attached to your Kubota?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I'm probably way too attached to mine. My neighbor in the mountains has a B2150, and does not worry about someone stealing it- "It's insured" says he. Well, he has a lot more money than me, and nothing in the way of blood, sweat, or tears invested in his. When it needs something, he just pays someone else to take care of it. I have a lot of time, effort, care, blood, sweat, & tears invested in mine, and would be devastated if some POS stole it. After all the investment of me in it, (like when I rebuilt the backhoe for example) http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5482&highlight=backhoe+rebuild
I would never make out with the insurance- they would see it as a 36yr old piece of crap, not a brand new, improved-over-stock backhoe. So I take all the precautions I can to protect it, and hope if someone does try to steal it, they make the mistake of trying it while I'm there.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
After owning this BX for 5 years and going through a bunch of fuel filters and other pain in the neck things, my answer is NO. I hate to wish this thing on the next owner, but I'm now looking for another brand. My experiences with blue and red have been great. This orange thing will be gone soon I hope.
I don't think you have been happy with yours since day one. I simply love mine and am very attached to it. I truly hope you get what makes you happy. There are those of us who bleed orange and that is ok :D

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
PHPaul, how did your land get divided up like you show? Looks like the work of an inebriated surveyor.:D
Tell me about it.:rolleyes:

Originally, it was two lots. Prior to that, it was everything in the picture and then some.

Wife's grandparents owned it all, then sold lots off on either side and to the rear.

Wife's father sold us the house and an acre, then when he and wife's mom divorced, mother-in-law gave us another 3 acres.

Plus, this is New England, some of this land has been deeded back and forth for nearly 400 years. Lot lines get a little blurred...

zippyslug31

Equipment
L3901, LA525, BH77, 72" BB, old Ford 22-63 PHD
Jun 27, 2015
Crooked River Ranch, Oregon
I've lived in the city for my entire life and only in the past couple of years picked up my tractor and some land out in the country that will be used for eventual retirement.

Am I too attached to the tractor? Yes, I think I am. But daydreaming about driving it around and moving piles of dirt is one of the few things that keeps me going during my current life being stuck in an office.

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
After owning this BX for 5 years and going through a bunch of fuel filters and other pain in the neck things, my answer is NO. I hate to wish this thing on the next owner, but I'm now looking for another brand. My experiences with blue and red have been great. This orange thing will be gone soon I hope.
Why don't you just move on to that "blue" tractor you've been talking about....you know, the one with no fuel filters or problems?

On a serious note, not sure what happened with yours but Kubota BX's are well known to be solid machines. Sorry you have had a bad run with yours but that is FAR from the norm.

We get it, you don't like yours.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I've lived in the city for my entire life and only in the past couple of years picked up my tractor and some land out in the country that will be used for eventual retirement.

Am I too attached to the tractor? Yes, I think I am. But daydreaming about driving it around and moving piles of dirt is one of the few things that keeps me going during my current life being stuck in an office.
I'm with you zippy.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Just back from camping on Lookout Mountain in Al. It was so clear at night, I could see the milky way. Sad thing about it is,, 60% of the new generation probably don't even know what the milky way is and have never seen it. And yes' I take really good care of my Kubota.

dandeman

Equipment
BX2230, LA211 FEL, RCK60B Mower, GCK60BX Bagger; Ford 4000, bush hog, blade, etc
Aug 9, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
www.dan-de-man.net
When going to do some work on the roads with the tractor, I used to announce to the wife "I'm going to go for a ride in the Orange convertible"......

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
Beautiful properties yall. Mines not as spectacular but its mine and like you; its easy to romanticize about it. :)

Attachments