Do you all remember your first concert

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Uriah Heep at the Notre Dame ACC on March 28, 1976. The arena was so filled with pot smoke when the lights came up it was a green cloud. I had to threaten a couple of tokers sitting in front of us with bodily harm if they didn't put the weed out, as it was making me nauseous, and I didn't want to smell like pot when I got home.
We stopped at a bar on the way home to get a bite, and passed a couple of cops coming out as we walked in, I noticed the gave us a long look as we went to a table. The had to smell the pot, we reeked of it.
Great concert though, especially their rendition of July Morning.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young July 28, 1974 Jeppesen Stadium Houston. Just a couple of months after moving to the big city. HOT! I think it was also my last.

Highgrass23

Equipment
TG1860 L3301
May 26, 2023
SE Texas
Black Sabbath/Mountain Sam Houston Colosseum 1970. Went to see Sabbath, Leslie West and Mountain blew them back across the pond. And Black Sabbath was GOOD

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Black Sabbath/Mountain Sam Houston Colosseum 1970. Went to see Sabbath, Leslie West and Mountain blew them back across the pond. And Black Sabbath was GOOD
While he passed years ago, I used to know Ronnie Dio that was lead for Black Sabbath for a while. Was born and raised where I worked (Cortland, New York).

We weren’t buddies; his cousin was one of our waitresses, and he’d stop at the restaurant occasionally. We were on a first-name basis, so my only brush with someone famous….oh wait, Carmen Basilio was one of our customers at another place…great boxer and made super Italian Sausage..😉

Last edited:

lmpres

Equipment
lx2610
Jul 3, 2020
New Hampshire
First was the Outlaws, Thin Lizzie at the Cape Cod Collosieum 1977-78?

Favorite- US Festival 1982 San Bernidino CA:
The Cars
Fleetwood Mac
The Police
Grateful Dead
Jackson Brown
Pat Benetar
Santana
The Police
The Ramones
The English Beat
Eddy Money