DIYDave need your help!

Itsals1

Feb 7, 2015
Eau Claire,WI,USA
Dave noticed on a snowblower chute thread that you converted a snowblower for your Asv rc30. Would it be possible for you to post or email me pictures? I have just purchased 1 and want to convert my shaft driven blower to hydraulic to run on the Asv rc30. I'm just not sure on how to pick out a hydraulic motor and mounting it to the blower. my email is in your private messages.
Thanks
Travis

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
All I want to know is what hydraulic motor you used?
I'm getting ready to do the same thing for my Bobcat and you have 10GPM and I have 11GPM so the same motor should work for me. ;)

Last edited:

Itsals1

Feb 7, 2015
Eau Claire,WI,USA
Thank you DIYDave!
I'll call Surplus Center this week to talk with them about what hydraulic motor I could use. My snowblower is from my Scag Turf Tiger, it has electric chute rotation and is driven off of the drive shaft that connects to the mower. I have to remove the mower in order to install the snowblower, and this is the reason I want mount it on the Asv Rc30. I never seem to have enough time to do this in the fall. My father told me I should just sell the snowblower and buy one made for the Rc30, mainly because it works so well on the Turf Tiger. Thank you for the explanation on your snowblower. You mentioned you have made many attachments for your Rc30, care to share what you made? Merry Chrisrmas!
Travis

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
NIW, I don't remember the exact maker and number for that motor. As I recall, it was one of surpluscenter's specials. I believe it came off of an old swather, it was a used takeoff. I sized it, using the formula page over at surpluscenter.com. You should be able to plug in your pressure and GPM, and figure out what size motor you need. Can't guarantee that surpluscenter.com will have the right one, in stock...

Itsals1, Let's see if I can remember them all. I bought a harley rake, toothed dirt bucket, landscape scraper box, 4n1 bucket, stone bucket, auger head all new. I converted the attachment plates on a tree digger(u shaped trench digger), forklift attachment, snow bucket, snow/dozer blade, aerator, grapple bucket (I had that made new, just welded the lower pin plates on it).

I made from scratch or other 3 point equipment, a 4' bush hog, 4' snow blower, 4' flail mower.

I have made other augers from various auctions fit the 2-9/16" round auger head, so I now have augers from 3" to 36", and a screw type log splitter that runs on it as well.

I made a 4000 rpm weed eater attachment that I mounted on a 2"pipe, attached to the dirt box, cause that was the easiest thing to attach the mount to(another surpluscenter motor!)...

I would like to make a vibrator and set it up, to fit any bucket, or attachment, in the toolbox. A little vibration could come in handy on many things...

I also have some other ideas, that are rattling around in this crazy mind...:D:D