DIY quick attach bracket

HerbP

May 27, 2017
Calgary, AB, Canada
I figured I would create a little thread on how I did my quick attach brackets. I know others have posted threads as well but thought mine was probably sufficiently different enough. I made these brackets so I could make my pallet forks attachment from the yesterdays thread.

The critical piece of the puzzle is the 1.5" OD .249 wall DOM tubing (I asked for .250 wall and they said they only had .249. Turns out that works nicely).

In order to fab the plates, I cut them to length and tacked them together to make one unit. Then I put a cooler of cold beer next to my drill press, sat on a comfy stool and used my 1.5" hole saw to make all the holes. The shop vac got nice and oily and I went through a lot of cutting oil. Due to the slop in the hole saw, the holes are slightly larger than 1.5" so that allows some room for adjustment when assembling on the tractor and tacking the pieces together.

I made the collars as a batch before cutting them off with my bandsaw. That helped with uniformity.

I wish I had spent a little more time with alignment before welding them together. There's a bit of manhandling involved in removing/inserting the lower pins on my various attachments.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Why didn't you not want to go with a much more common SSQA setup, not knocking your build, just curious?

Last edited:

HerbP

May 27, 2017
Calgary, AB, Canada
When I looked at the various ssqa hitches, I felt they were at least 100 lbs or more and I didn't want too sacrifice that much loader capacity. Not to mention I'd have to hack up my bucket.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When I looked at the various ssqa hitches, I felt they were at least 100 lbs or more and I didn't want too sacrifice that much loader capacity. Not to mention I'd have to hack up my bucket.
Good points. ;)

jnyost

Sep 12, 2017
Central Ohio
Not sure what size your tractor is but the QA for my tractor is only 60-65#. It***8217;s worth hacking the bucket for the ability to have a universal setup.

Nice job on yours though.

Last edited:

rookiefarmer

Equipment
1972 L260
Nov 1, 2011
Colfax, IN
This looks similar to the factory JD setup. I think it would be perfect if you only have a couple attachments or you are building everything.